Friday, June 13, 2008

My mother is so proud.

Because despite the fact that she literally devoted her entire life to educating me and instilling an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the formation of our country and dragging me to Colonial Williamsburg like six times (all during inclement weather), when I watched the first part of the John Adams miniseries this afternoon the only thing I could think of was "Wow. This is like the seriously original Boston Legal!"

I'm kidding, of course.

Not entirely, because I did think that, right down the verbose closing argument and all they were lacking at the end was the little chat and cigar. I did enjoy it, quite a lot. Can't wait to see the rest of them.

And the attorney general was kind of hot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can picture the look on your Mom's face....but I know she is proud of you:):):)

Anonymous said...

Your Mom is very proud of you -- and you are right -- it was 200 and some year old boston Legal without the balcony (there was drinking, wasn't there - hard to tell because it was shot in such darkness as usual!!!) But you know so very much more than just Boston Legal - you are all so intelligent!!!