Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tales from the DMV

I was standing in line with John this afternoon, and there's this girl behind me with her toddler and boyfriend/significant other/baby daddy. She looked really young, but some people just look young. Then she gets on the phone with her friend and starts talking about how she needs a new ID card because she thinks she left hers in the bar last night- I know, I turn 21 and lose my ID the first night! Go me, right? (I was quoting there.) So after I stopped saying Hail Marys because I do not have a toddler running around screaming about yogurt (adorable, btw, but oh so much work), I was slightly amused. Finally, when she gets up to the window, the guy asks if she is renewing her drivers license or ID card and she goes, "*chuckles* Oh, ID card. My license is not valid right now."

Wow. Winner.

One link tonight- YES! YES! I have been waiting for eight years for this!!! And these were the ones that weren't shown on TV- pre-Ernie!!! I shall die with happiness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

always a fun time at the dmv...oh yeah for MY 3 Sons:):):)

Anonymous said...

The DVM is always an interesting place to spend an hour or so...where was that toddler while she was out losing her ID the night before - and where was he when the driving rights were removed??? He was so cute too - that is a sad situation but she sure did not look sad...oh well, everyone copes differently....I am so happy for you about My Three Sons - oh, how I remember watching those with you after we got TV Land!!! Did you see the ad for Get Smart right below the MTS ad???? all the classics.....