Saturday, July 11, 2009

I was hoping for more of a circus.

Ernest Borgnine came in to work today to do what was supposed to be an hours long reading and signing thing and ended up being a rather quick wait, what do you mean you're leaving, we have hundreds of people here holding pictures of clowns and what time exactly does the freaking game start?

Yeah. That was a little annoying.

Also annoying were the huge number of people who felt the need to come up to me and tell me how much they disliked the wristband system and that next time we should try something different (they all had ideas, they just had different ones and they were all ridiculous). To which my response was, "Listen, lady, if it worked for Harry Potter 7, it will work for pretty much anything. Now sit down and shut up."

Only I didn't say that. Because I enjoy being able to pay my tuition.

He didn't do anything inappropriate, though. That kind of disappointed me. I've heard him be really skeevy on other interviews, and I was really hoping for something inappropriate, but alas, no. *sigh*

I did, however, come across like four copies of that book written by that priest from Miami? You know, that one? For the low, low price of $3.99. Because, shockingly, no one wanted to know what his 7 Paths to a Deeper Relationship were. I'm guessing at least one path started with, "Remove Roman collar." And perhaps ended with, "Jump ship to the Episcopalians."

One of my coworkers did have a massive crush on Ernie, though, so that made me laugh.

2 comments:

rockford said...

Did all of the folks with the ideas think that you were, in fact, in charge of how all such events are structured?? Are these the same people who remind you that your stock is trading for 4 cents a share??? By the way, I think that $3.99 is WAY overpriced for that guy's book...

mickey said...

Congratulations I didn't know you had been promoted to public relations director.....I assume that is the person making the public relations rules!!!!