Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Good Jew.

I'll admit I'm biased. I'm Catholic. I've always been Catholic. I will always be Catholic. But I've spent a lot of time studying the Jewish faith. And I have one overwhelming thought.

FOLLOW JESUS IT IS EASIER TRUST ME.

Honestly. There are no weird rules. There aren't really any competing traditions. We have vowels.

All good things.

The "don't boil a calf in his mother's milk" vs. rabbinical traditions and the whole TNK thing?

Not so much.

Meanwhile, I declared a Jewish Studies major today. This is very exciting.

2 comments:

mickey said...

congratulations.....you have a cousin who is also a "good Jew" :)

rockford said...

Well, I am most certainly glad that you will always be a Catholic - otherwise, you realize, my life has been a waste, but whatever... - I'm sure there are better reasons to retain your faith than it is easier than learning the Jewish laws... and...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!