Monday, September 26, 2005

Rainy Monday

Not that I mind, because I prefer rainy days to sunny ones. Although I am kind of bummed, as I just found an e-mail from my art history professor about our reseach paper.

Crap.

I totally forgot about that. Completely and utterly forgot. And it's due next Friday. Not going to worry about that right now... e-mail is safely stored as new and I'll deal with it when I get home. Right now I have to worry about making myself sick before accounting so that I don't have to go and actually get the quiz that I'm fairly certain I failed on Friday. I have an hour and a half...too late for anything serious, but maybe I could make myself throw up???

On to real matters, yesterday was a great day. First, it was cold and rainy. Perfect day. Colleen and Mary and I went out to lunch at Panera, which was so freaky good because, well, it's Panera, and because we could watch the torrential downpours through the window. And it was freakin' hilarious. Worth the overpriced salad was the sight of Colleen collapsed in the corner of the booth unable to breath because she ws laughing so hard about "Screw the gondola..." And "I respect you not only as a prime minister, but as a man," and Mary just sitting there going "Wha....??? I don't get it!". This is why we can never stop being friends. We are capable of destroying each other. :D :D :D

After a rather mad dash to the car where we all managed to get soaked, we went to see Flightplan.

Oh.My.Gosh.

You must go see this movie. I know it's completely implausible, and the arrogant Americans were kind of annoying, but still, you must.go.see.this.movie. NOW!!! Incredibly interesting, with enough backstory that you didn't the two hours after the movie thinking about all the plot holes (and they were numerous. But you didn't really notice them). Artistically goood, too; I loved that the whole thriller part took place on the plane, I think a movie sometimes loses some credibility when it leaves the primary set. (Not that this was the only thing, but this is part of what bugged me about The Island. They were all over the freakin' desert. It was distracting.)

Jodie Foster was really quite good playing a paranoid mother, and the supporting cast was great. Peter Sarsgaard was the air marshal, who would have been way more imposing had he been in uniform, but I guess that's the point. And Sean Bean (Oh, hi, Boromir!!!!) was good too.

And, Jodie Foster is like my mom---she too would have the Captain ready to strangle her with his bare hands (...*ahem* moving on...). The air marshal would just quit. They'd land the plane to get away from her. Those Kewpie-Doll-like stewardesses would be crushed. (I'm serious about the Kewpie Doll---they all these huge round eyes!!!)

But the best part, undoubtedly, was in the car on the way home. When Colleen and Mary exploded with "Oh my gosh, I did too!!!!" Worth the price of admission. :)

No comments: