Friday, September 02, 2005

AOL Is Trying To Kill Me

Maybe the Unibomber was right. Technology is evil. I am relegated to doing almost all of my internet work from school, as AOL decided to conk out and the super-slow dial-up laptop will remain our only source of internet access until the little Geek Squad guy comes out and hooks up Roadrunner. Which I'm desperately hoping will allow us to keep our own screenames, because, really, there's only so much togetherness we can all take, okay??? ;)

That's also why I haven't put up a picture of Josh at Tanglewood yet. Not, as Imladris was accusing, because I was doing my accounting homework. I spent half an hour on FOJG last night trying to find one, but it takes so long because everything takes twenty minutes to load in and nobody will just make a thead "Hot Pictures from Tanglewood"...sheesh. I did find one really smokin' one, but it wasn't the right format and I really didn't have the energy to try to reformat it. So I gave up and had dinner instead. I don't think you can blame me, it was almost nine o'clock.

(Side Note: Just spent ten freakin' minutes in line for a mocha and scone... I really did try to be healthy this morning, but they were out of bagels. God wants me to have a scone. On the bad side, I've only been here a week and spent twelve dollars already...scary...Tasty blueberry scone, though. And I kinda have to eat. I tried not doing that on Wednesday, but I ended up getting lightheaded in Latin and, really, don't I have enough to worry about with that class???)

Anyhoodles, not much is going on. We spent three hours in Best Buy yesterday. I was exhausted. I actually came home and took a nap. I haven't done that since I was three. Then I lounged around the house thanking my lucky stars that I finished all my homework on Wednesday and didn't have anything to do.

(Other Side Note: Latin's a b*tch. Six sentences took me an hour to translate.)

Also right up there with AOL, sports of all kinds are trying to hurt me now, too. My first choice for viewing on Thursday nights are reruns of Friends on TBS. So I flipped there last night at seven, and found *scary music* baseball. NOOOOOOO!!!! So I decided to go for Joey, on NBC. And guess what??? There was a freakin' football game on!!!!! What the hell???? So I ended up watching this really strange Oxygen movie with no point but Christian Bale. Colleen and I couldn't even figure out what it was called (TV Guide said it was playing something else.) So weird, but a very good look for Christian dear.

Wanna know something embarrassing? We were watching this and my mom walks through the room. She takes one look at the screen and goes "What are you watching?!? There's a naked woman on the screen!!!" Colleen and I are like, "Wha???" and we look...and there really was!!!! I mean, it was just from the side, and you didn't see anythign explicit, but it was still a NAKED WOMAN, and therefore rather offensive, on the screen and we hadn't noticed it because we were looking at Christian Bale. That's kind of scary. :p

Then I watched the last half hour of Maid in Manhatten on FX. Huh. I know I saw that movie in theaters, I even still have the ticket stub. But I do not remember a thing about it. Seriously, I didn't even remember that J. Lo's character had a little boy. And once I figured out that he existed (I'm not stupid), I couldn't figure out how he met Chris. My whole recollection of their relationship was that she lied and they spent one night together and then he left. Very confusing. Kind of an interesting movie, though, when you realize what's going on. And Ralph Fiennes is hot as a sensetive politician. So seeing The Constant Gardner...

I'm kinda late for class, but I will definately try to find a Josh picture for my blog, okay??? Ciao!!!

1 comment:

CMT said...

Christian Bale almost had a mullet in that movie, kinda. Mullets never looked so hot.