Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Doctor Zhivago

I couldn't fall asleep until two thirty. So I watched Doctor Zhivago for a couple of hours instead. Reminded me how much loved it---I haven't seen it in a couple of months. Although Lara's theme was getting kind of annoying. As was Julie Christie's cake makeup. And she's clearly not seventeen at the beginning. Try closer to thirty. And who decided that when casting the archetypical Russian Omar Shariff was the way to go??? Not that his portrayal wasn't really good, it's just...the man's from Egypt for heaven's sakes!!!

Anyhoodles, my favorite part is when they imprison the tsar and all the little Bolshevik's are celebrating and going crazy and are all "Just workers in a worker's state!!!". Yuri and Lara are just standing there going, "Um...yeah...no. This totally isn't gonna work..." Love me some commies...

Speaking of commies, I finished The Sisters today. Super good. I love how they all embraced their own little branches of facism. Lovely, really. I have a new favorite line (this totally trumps "Hitler send roses.") "Why do all my daughters fall for dictators!?!?" HAHAHAHA

Finally, I watched the first part of the CSI:Miami/NY crossover last night. Oh. My. Ga---. So amazingly good. Even though it was like nine forty before Mac showed up. Still. Jerry Bruckheimer can totally take my first born. I'm not going to post anything on my other blog about it until after the conclusion, but I definately will then. Everybody must watch Wednesday at 9 central, k????

4 comments:

CMT said...

Don't hafta tell me twice :)

Anonymous said...

You know a show is GREAT when on the screen you see "to be continued" and you shout.....it hasn't been an hour already!!!! Great Great show....Wednesday should be fabulous!!!!
I loved the "Jackie" sunglasses on the lady at the airport...:)
So glad you like Doctor Zhivago.....my Mom was fond of that novel.....she told me all about it when I was in High School...that might make a good "book report" :):):)

mi_morena said...

I know---I was so upset when it ended!!!! Only twenty three and a half hours left!!!

Wow...I need some real people in my life...

And how lucky am I to have someone generous enough to give me the dr. zhivago DVD for my birthday??? ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh you are sooooooo lucky to have someone who cares enough about you to give you such a fabulous gift!!!!!!!! :):):)