Friday, November 18, 2005

The Things I Will Do for Middle Aged British Men...

...now include sitting in a theater until three in the morning for movies I don't even like. Wow, I have some serious issues. :p

No, I kid, the movie was good. It was fun..."Come on, you're the adult!!!" And the sheer anticipation that all the other people in the theater were showing was kind of infectious. Or maybe Imladris was just hitting my arm so hard I started to get lightheaded. Either way, I saw the fourth Harry Potter movie last night. Pretty good. Not as good a film as the third one, but a very entertaining movie.

Alan was in it in the background a lot, even though he only had one line for the first two hours. And only like three in the whole thing. But the "The use of it on students is...regrettably forbidden" line was worth the price of admission. Well, especially for me since my parents bought the tickets, but whatever... Why doesn't Snape ever show his little deatheater mark thing??? That would rock!!!

Q: What does Ralph Fiennes look like without a nose?
A: Not nearly as hot. At least seventy-five percent of his hotness is in the nose apparently. And in not being evil incarnate. But that's rather irrelevant, really, given my fascination with other slightly misguided characters in the franchise...

Speaking of which, I would personally like to thank Eileen for coming up with a theory that explains the events that happen at the end of the sixth book (that I've never read, btw) in a sympathetic-to-Snape light...I appreciate it!

And the Moaning Myrtle part was hilarious, but only if you know Jude from Bridget Jones's Diary. I was just sitting there thinking, "Oh my gosh, Jude is harassing Harry Potter...this can't be right..."

I was quite tired this morning, though, when my rude alarm awoke me at ten to seven. Grrr. I bought the biggest coffee this damn place offers...

My art class was mercifully low-impact- we watched a PBS video on the Medici family. Ah, those Medici's...15th century Florence's answer to the mob. Except they don't have a Francis Ford Coppola movie made about them. Still, they bought the papacy. That's gotta count for something...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As usual your blog is great....but...I have never seen any HP movies sooooooo I really have no idea what you're talking about....but it sounds good..:):):)