Monday, November 28, 2005

Nightime

Except it's not. It's ten to eight in the morning. But it looks like nightime. It's very dark, and very rainy, and very foggy, and there were lots of Irresponsible Drivers on the road who thought it was a good idea to pass somebody when your visibility is like 1%. Okay, only one, but still. And my hair is a wet ball of fuzz now because it was raining so hard when I walked in. Bugger. Not that I'm happy to be here in the first place, because it's always hard to go back after a long break.

Anyhoodles, I hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving. Well, I kind of know how everybody's went. Imladris's apparently sucked, Mary didn't do anything, and anonymous spent part of the evening with me. Which I totally appreciate, by the way. Despite the fact that it wasn't the way it was supposed to be, it ended up okay. And I'm not holding out for Christmas. Optimism has never served me well. I'm from the Oscar Wilde school of thought.

What else did I do this weekend? (I'm seriously thinking, I don't remember...) Oh- I went to see Pride and Prejudice on Friday, which was super amazingly good. I forgot the conglomeration of guys that Imladris suggested, but Mr. Darcy is HOT. I love Colin Firth to death, and he will always be special to me, but this guy was more like Book Darcy, I thought. As I was buying tickets the young woman behind the desk was like, "Yeah, it's not sold out. Although it should be, because it's friggin' amazing!" HAHAHAHA. And yesterday I saw Just Friends with Imladris and Mary. It was incredibly funny! I thought it was going to be a super stupid rather Suriving-Christmas-like movie, but it really wasn't. Ryan Reynolds is so funny. How he puts up with Alanis Morisette, I don't know...

Also watched Apollo 13 on TV this weekend. I love that movie. I was incredibly young the first time I saw it...I watched it with a friend and her mom who sadly passed away when I was nine or ten, so I must have been younger than that. Which is strange, because it's PG-13, and my parents gave the MPAA a run for their money in terms of protectedness. I understood none of it, though. Why that woman was in Kevin Bacon's shower was a mystery to me (and frankly, even now I don't want to think about it). I personally think Kevin Bacon was a poor casting choice. Do you really want to be orbitting the earth with your life in Six-Degrees-Of's hands??? I wouldn't. And poor Mac!!! They should have let him go up. He never got the measles!!! Even though he ended up saving all of their asses in the end. Showed that surgeon.

Going to go glance over my accounting homework. Ick.

3 comments:

CMT said...

Mr. Darcy. Yay.

mi_morena said...

Wow. Enthusiastic there, hon.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous was happy to spend part of Thanksgiving with you.....it was fun!!!!!! Christmas WILL be better....I am from the glass is always half full school of thought :):):) I never saw Apollo 13 but I am glad you enjoyed it....:):):)