Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Blah

Okay, this made my day. CSI:NY was number nine last week, and it was a repeat!!! How awesome is that??? I really don't care how many people watch it, I just don't want it to get canceled. If it's in the top ten I don't think it will be. For the season overall it's number fourteen, which is pretty good.

I've spent the rest of the morning figuring out how to make myself sound intelligent in person. Which is hard, because I have long believed myself to look way better on paper than I do in person. It's not good. Oh, and trying to find a way to make Anais Nin sound slightly less...well, let's just say it, crazy. But that's a long story. I also have to find something conservative to wear. Hmmm. This is not easy. Eh, I've spent three years convincing professors that 1.) Yes, I will take the class seriously, 2.) Yes, I am planning on doing the work, and 3.) Yes, I am worth it. I guess I can handle this.

So foggy today. I can barely see the road in front of our house. I like these days, though. Kind of dark and mysterious looking.

As I attested to in the last entry, I have no financial backbone. I broke down and bought The People's Act of Love (trust me, it's not nearly as weird as the title suggests) at Borders yesterday. I wasn't sure I was going to, but then we couldn't find it, and by the time the sales lady had looked at every table they had and some nice customer finally found it, there was no way in hell I was leaving without it. :) And I got the last National Gallery of Art calendar that they had. Ha! And two CDs. And now I'm broke. I couldn't afford The Essential Mozart, which looked super good, instead I was relegated to the Best Buy brand of classical Bach. Still good, though, and a steal at $4.99. I'm going through a Renaissance phase. Kind of like my french literature phase a while ago. Or my Middle Ages literature phase. Or my Anything-The-Bronte-Sisters-Ever-Did phase. Or my Russian phase. Which is still going on, actually.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HELPED YOU WITH THIS......SINCE LAW AND ORDER WAS A RERUN IT WAS MY WEEK TO WATCH CSI-NY.....IT WAS A VERY GOOD SHOW....I WISH THOSE TWO SHOWS WEREN'T ON AT THE SAME TIME....BOTH SOOOOO GOOD!!! YOU ARE ONE OF THE MOST INTELLIGENT AND INTERESTING PEOPLE I KNOW....YOU WILL IMPRESS ANYONE YOU SPEAK TO!!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Hi.....I am watching it again tonight.....at this very moment:):):)