Friday, January 27, 2006

T.G.I.F.

I never understood how beautiful the word "Friday" could look. I'm exhausted. It's day 5. This is not good. I haven't gotten up this early every single day since freshman year. And God knows that was only for like a month, tops, right??? Ugh. On the bright side, I am sleeping through the night every night for the first time in over a year. Anyway, I can sleep tomorrow. That will be good.

I don't think I'll have any homework either, as we really haven't gotten anything. I have this really weird broken schedule that has gaping holes of no classes, so I have plenty of time to get my work done on campus and then just conveniently leave the books here in my locker. Except Latin. I always have homework in that and the class is right before I go home. Bugger.

And (*sigh of relief*) new business law guy is really interesting. Thank God. Because we spent an hour and fifteen minutes yesterday doing joint tenancy and marital property laws (thank goodness for that heirloom thing, huh??? I would never get married just because I wouldn't trust him enough!!!) and if he can make that interesting, well, it beats last semester. No, I kid, I really like the woman from fall- she was very sweet and gave me an A.

So what else is going on??? I finished the book "Russka" yesterday. Let me tell you, if you're in to thousand-paged novels about Russia, this is the way to go. Terribly intereresting and completely compelling (if you skip the incest chapter) and really, really good. The author wrote another one, Sarum, which I bought and am going to start today. This one is a thousand paged novel about England, so clearly I'm interested. And still only $7.99!!!

Did anybody see James Frey on Oprah yesterday??? Anybody else feel kind of sorry for him??? I dont' know why, because the book was his memoir of his screwed-up life, but I'd always kind of pictured him as a typical author; you know, intelligent, a little bit artsy, and more than able to hold his own in an argument. But he's really not. I mean, dude looked like they dragged him out a prison or maybe a trailer and his publisher was doing all the talking. And then Oprah with her panel of "experts" (the Oprah-esque therapist going "Why did you lie?", the NY Times columnist going, "Bush sucks"- no, really, he said that, and this other journalist/author saying, "Great, now you ruined it for the rest of us") and they were all ganging up on him. Why did he agree to go on the show??? I know everybody's in awe of Oprah, but I wouldn't voluntary sign up to be yelled at by her on TV. Anyway, I still want to read A Million Little Pieces, but there are 203 requests on it at the library. I, however, am #150. So sometime during summer, I should be right on top of this!!!

I've been watcihng a lot of TV lately, but I haven't really had time to write about it. Lost was frickin' awesome (Wednesdays at eight---everyone must watch!!!! Well, okay, not next week because it's not new, but whatever...), and CSI:NY was good. I didn't see CSI yesterday, because we were all in the living room and my parents didn't think mutilated bodies were a good idea for the boy. Which I have a problem with. When I was 13 I was totally into this HGTV show (I know it's sad...) that was on at nine-thirty on Thursdays. Now, I was a homeschooled healthy thirteen-year-old. But my parents made me go to bed at nine, missing this show (not that I didn't put up a fight.) Now my brother gets to stay up till ten to watch the weekly bondage crime!!!!! How not fair is that??? But check TV Watch a little bit later, okay???

No comments: