Sunday, January 08, 2006

Rembrandt + Taco Bell + Verbal Diarrhea = Surprisingly Good Times

They just do. Went to the art museum yesterday to see the otherwise expensive (hence the fact that I was going the day before it left) exhibit curtesy of the loverly passes that Daddy was so kind enough to procure for us. And I know he reads this. So kudos to Daddy. :)

It was really, really good. Except I hate it when all these brilliant creative men end up broke and dead. Like Rembrandt was buried in a rented grave. Huh. How exactly does that work??? ("You don't gots to go home, but you've gots to get the hell out of here...") Absolutely beatiful work, though. The exhibit was like three times as big as I thougt, and the large, black-hole type number of people crushed in were making the air even more hot and humid than it already was. Which was hard, because it was pretty steamy when you walked right in. So by the time we got past Rembrandt and into the works illustrating how he influenced later art it was kind of like, "Oh, lovely. Yes, beautiful. WATER!!!!!!!!" Really enjoyed it, though.

And in keeping with the traditional culture and cheap Mexican food combo that has worked so well for us in the past, we stopped at Taco Bell and got tasty potatos. I love them. Too much, really.

As for the verbal diarrhea, Imladris, I just want a number...

2 comments:

CMT said...

Somewhere between 100 and 1. And he's one hot hottie ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay.....most of this blog I do get.......so glad you enjoyed the art show....I still haven't been in that beautiful building.....I would rather be invited to a "party" there than go see art...but....no invites just yet!!!! Now Taco Bell I have been too and oh just looooooooooovvvveeee the food!!!!! Don't get the part about needing a number, but oh well I did enjoy your blog!!!:):):)