Thursday, May 10, 2007

History. It's just one thing after another.

A year ago I was sobbing in the car after my art history final. Oh the way we were.

Witness the death of my last shred of academic integrity. I don't even want to show up for the finals. *headdesk*

The last week has been completely and utterly worthless, especially when I drove down for my JMC discussion (my sole class yesterday), and the TA walked in, collected papers, announced that this was his last class and he was kind of sick of us, and then left. Yes, that is a two hour round trip for a FIFTEEN minute discussion. I was not amused. I ended up with majorly unmotivated TAs this year, too. Art history person told us in April that she was done with this and couldn't really be bothered to grade our tests because she was finishing her thesis, and then made us all go see her exhibition because she didn't feel like teaching that day, and JMC guy is apparently over all of us.

Today was so worthless I couldn't even really be bothered to stay. JMC professor had a hangover, which she was quite vocal about (it was actually pretty funny).

I am at the end of my rope.



Get off for Mother's Day, though--- *whee* Totally didn't think that I would, especially what with the last minute begging/pleading/ransoming of my first born to get off for the Confirmation of the Empress.

Although, I suppose I could have missed that, as I was not asked to be her sponsor. *haughty sniff* I demanded during Mass that the Boy have me as a sponsor. I refuse to go through life not doing that. And the person I was totally banking on doing it for has now apparently abandoned the Church and is leaving the country on a big boat, so that's probably not going to happen. I need more friends. *sigh*

Just FYI, I'm taking applications for people to travel to London with me in January. Mommy Dearest and I had our bi-monthy sobbing fight discussion regarding the trip this morning, and as the Lovely Mary seems to be backing out on me, I need a traveling companion to make her feel better.

One that, preferrably, is tolerant of those who are not white people from Milwaukee,

And my application I mean do you have the money? Because that's really all I need.

Speaking of British things, the first Prime Minister you can imagine voluntarily having sex with resigns. And annoucned thatsome guy I don't even want to think about in the same sentence as sex would be his successor. Booo. Poor form. On a slightly more serious note, this is quite sad. I liked Tony Blair.

Have to work tonight. But I don't have to do dishes and I do get to wear my very cool headset, so I'm not too upset. On the other hand, Grissom is hanging out with his little dominatrix friend again on CSI. My headset isn't that much fun. And I didn't mean that to sound as dirty as it did, no matter what impression the paragraph above may have given you. I promise.

Okay. I'm talking myself into a corner. I'm going to go now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.....some nasty TA stuff going on....well the semester is almost over!!! Very interesting criteria listed for the traveling companion!!!!!!!!! Some applicants just might suprise you:):):):):)

CMT said...

Poor Tony.

Arbiter-117 said...

Nice post. I forgot the new Blair's name.


Also, I am going to give you a steely glare until you realize what you said that offended me in this post. I MEAN IT


Keep up the good posting, and have fun in January.