Monday, May 07, 2007

He has a Ph.D. and a great ass. Let's not get bogged down by ethics here.

Spring semester is almost over. Had my last logic class. And I'm feeling appropriately sentimental.

Mostly because I was standing at work this weekend and I thought about where I was a year ago, and WOW, I should have just CALMED DOWN. I was so worried about getting a job, and what school would be like, and would the State Department hire me, and how to reconcile my attachment to art history with my "practical" goal of international relations.

I wish Now-Me could call Year-Ago Me and tell her that yes, she would get the job but it would be a good year before she actually enjoyed it, UWM would be fine and she will not, in fact, get lost, that she will change majors four times before finally settling on one that the State Department would not care about, and that art history at CUW was a completely unique experience and she should just accept that and move on. Also, she's still going to feel like a neurotic kid.

Because that would have made her feel better, I think. At least until she received an iPod for graduation and felt no pain for another three weeks.



Also making me feel sentimental is the fact that I was confirmed two years ago today. The Empress was confirmed this weekend , and was appropriately moved. Major party sacraments always make one feel nostalgic.

Had a lovely time at the actual ceremony, except for the missing kneeler part where I had to kneel on the cold floor in a skirt and wow, I would not have done well in the Middle Ages. But that's not really important.

The party was very much fun too. Had lots of champagne with the Empress, and felt a little bit woozy at work on Sunday, but not as much as I felt mad at those people who would arrive and order something complicated and force me to not yell "Would you wait one freaking minute? I am in the middle of Sic et Non!!! Dammit!" *sigh*




Teehee. Baby Mumble.

Not a whole lot else going on. I'm really over the First Amendment. I've always generally been in favor of it, but after writing out a 16-page study guide primarily consisting of constitutional law for a journalism class, frankly I'm beginning to think that it's more trouble than it's worth.



So this has been your update.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should calm down ....you will always do fine!!! lol re: the bubbly.....I very much enjoyed the minty:):):)

Arbiter-117 said...

Oh sure... RUB IT IN, WHY DON'T YA?!?!?!