Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Give him a break. He is only five minutes older than we are.

Six more days of classes. Mixed feelings. Okay. Not too mixed. Ever since I decided that perhaps not all newsrooms were like in All the President's Men, I am so over JMC. I don't want to write the last paper, I don't want to go to final, I really, really don't want to go to the last discussion. It can just go die in a corner. *sigh*


Art history is starting to bug me too, because we don't actually talk about anything terribly historical. They give me a list of pictures, I memorize the pictures, and write them down on the exam. Other than my amazing ability to make flashcards, I'm not being challenged a whole lot here.


Logic. Meh. Don't care.


I will miss history, though. For so many reasons. I'm pretty sure that until I graduate I'll smirk whenever I walk past Sabin Hall. Incidentally, this will not occur a lot, as it is practically in another county.






I'd really like to write on a typewriter. It's one of those things that as a baby of the eighties I never got to experience. Sad. However, I would not like to attempt writing anyting other than jibberish on it, because I know I would screw up and have to retype the whole damn thing. Can you imagine having to write a doctoral dissertation on it? I'm shocked that anyone went to grad school before Microsoft Word came out. I know I wouldn't have.


Oooh, also registered for classes next semester, and got into all of them. So now I have ancient Egyptian civilization, a cultural history of the 1960s (What? It counts towards my major-of-the-day.), art history (more flashcards---whee!!!), personality, pysiological psychology, and intro to oceonography. 18 credits. I shall die. A horrible, papery death.


And Mary's only taking three of them. Aww. My little girl's growing up!!!




In keeping with our educational subject matters today, it is appropriately the Ross-dating-a-student episode of Friends. Tee-hee. I've had crushes on professors before, but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have written "the hottie of the paleontology department" on my evaluation, like the girl in the episode. And not just because CUW didn't have a paleontology department.


I came damn close with Hot Psych TA last semester, though.


Nothing fun to put on my evals this semester, though. Nobody has incited hate like geography person, or... well, we already discussed Hot Psych TA.


Went out for coffee with Kate today. Cute new place that replaced one of my favorite restaurants. Not really the point of the visit, but still nice.


I'm very pro-military, and even supported the war before it kind of became ridiculous, but I have a very, very serious problem with recruiters who leave major things like treason out of the conversation until you've signed the papers. I'm just saying...




I'd like to be totally wasted right now. (Mary: I'm thinking of JMC right now..."whoo!!!" or "Spring Break '98!!!") It's been a long week. Wait. It's only Wednesday. Crap.

3 comments:

CMT said...

oceanography. huh.

Racergirl179 said...

Spring Break '98......how do you seriously not learn to open blinds until you are in college? that's just sad.....

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your classes.....I have a spawn who isn't in any rush to get signed up......I reminded him he must be full time no matter what the classes.....I hope he enjoys the "knitting" class he might end up taking!!!!!