Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Imladris Will Not Be Able To Read This

As I am apparently dead to her, and she refuses to acknowledge my presence, except when it was to wash her work shirts for her.

All because I had a the gall to suggest that she was not, perhaps, anticipating the St. Paul concert quite as much as I was, and therefore may enjoy the show from fifteen rows behind me.

Incidentally, bad idea.

I was immediately slammed with an incredibly far-reaching assault (back to the summer of '03- I'm sorry, I had very little else going on in my life, give me a break already!!!) about how I was abnormally obsessive about things, and while she may be a raging nut (my words, not hers) about everything else, this was the one thing she was rational about. *rolls eyes*

And okay, maybe I did see Pirates 17 times in theaters (I was fifteen. I had nothing else to do), and maybe I did skip class on the day before the Concert That Wasn't because I was physically ill at the thought of not going, and maybe I did drink my way through the weekend, and might have been on a crying jag most of Sunday afternoon until I broke out the jug of sangria, but I DON'T CARE.

MY CRAZY OBSESSIVE FANDOM WILL NOT DIE!!!

*deep breath*

We will now return to your regularly scheduled update. Thank you.

Except I don't actually have anything to say.

Oooh, found a pretty skirt for $4.98 at Target today, along with a lovely pair of jeans that are way too long, but only seven bucks so clearly I'll just drag them along behind me (bonus points for them being juniors, and not even the biggest size!!! I'm feeling remarkably better about myself), and a few tops. Tomorrow I think I'll hit Kohls, because I haven't bought any new clothes since last school year, and I am starting to go a teensy bit crazy. And as I am pathologically incapable for spending money, I really only shop the bargain racks.

Also, WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE STOCK THE BRAND-NEW NON-INFECTION-CAUSING COMPLETE??? Because I was at Target, two Walgreens', and an actual eye care place and NONE of them had it, and my eyes are ready to stage a revolution. I think I'll have to use my old bottle and risk the infection. *sigh*

Had Panera for lunch. Tastified.

Just to piss of Colleen, I'll stick with a fandom that isn't even really my fandom. So there *sticks out tongue in an incredibly mature fashion*

The Potter cast talks about the fate of their characters. A loosely translated transcript follows.

Daniel Radcliffe: *rolls around naked in his money*

Rupert Grint: Okay, maybe if I freaking *died*, I'd get some screen time. I'm pulling for that.

Emma Watson: Please don't kill me. I suck as an actress, and you know I won't be able to handle the death scene.

Imelda Staunton: Wait. I'm in the next one? Srsly?

Alan Rickman: You have got to be kidding me.

I love how he's clearly just doing this 'cuz Winter Guest didn't really set the box office on fire and he's got bills to pay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.....I thought that was thunder I heard earlier today....it was the conversation regarding the St.Paul seating arrangements I see......:):):) I do hope you all work this out and enjoy the concert!!!!

Anonymous said...

Imladris has, indeed, reasserted her place in fandom and will be with you just 10 rows from the stage - while your poor mother is relegated to the cheap (oh, I wish...) seats:) Glad all is well now - I do so hate unrest in the house. I love your Potter "quotes" - we will see tomorrow night because I know you will read when you arrive home!!