Thursday, January 07, 2010

I have SOME standards.

According to my site tracker, a bunch of people have found my blog by googling "Irish American", "alcohol poisoning", "Catholic drinking game", and (my favorite), "ecstasy and NyQuil". Or, occasionally, "ecstacy (sic) and NyQuil".

I feel the need to clarify a few things.

I am Irish American. (NOT a nationalist, however. I am firmly on the sit-down-and-shut-up side of the Troubles.) That didn't really need a disclaimer.

I have never had alcohol poisoning. Nor do I anticipate this occurring anytime soon.

I'm not sure what a Catholic drinking game is, but they ended up being sent to my post from Monday. So- in no way did I actually turn the archbishop's installation Mass into a drinking game. It was 1:30 in the afternoon. That's a real quick way to end up with the aforementioned alcohol poisoning.

I'm guessing ecstasy and NyQuil, even when spelled correctly, are a bad combination. I'm not a doctor. And I'll own it, I've never tried ecstasy. But I do have a lot of experience with NyQuil. And I'm thinking you need to just enjoy those two separately, okay?

I think that's all. I'm going to go back to constantly refreshing Marquette's application page now.