Wednesday, April 19, 2006

*blah*

School should die. It is not fair that I am here and everybody else in the world is not. Bugger. Anyhoodles, so much to talk about today!!!


First, I finally read To Kill a Mockingbird. I cannot believe I've gotten this far in life without reading it. It was unbelievably good. Not only does it completely change your life and the way you look at and respond to people, but it completely draws you in and is so enjoyable. I was actually a little bit peeved that my mom's chemo was finished and I had to drive home instead of read more. (Not really, rockford...)

And so moving! I know that books make me cry more than most people. I cried at the end of Gone with the Wind, I cried towards the end of Les Miserables, when Jean takes out the little dress that Cosette was wearing the first night he took her in, and Of Mice and Men screwed me up for a week. (Really. Has anybody else read that? I think John Steinbeck had some depression issues. I watched the movie a couple of months after I read it, and thought I'd be okay with it. Not so. Somehow Mac from CSI:NY executing his best friend is still pretty damn depressing.) But when Atticus thanks Boo for his children- oh!

And then I watched the movie yesterday, which was completely awesome and now I need to go buy. Did you know that the character Dill was based on Truman Capote, Harper Lee's childhood friend??? How sweet!!!

Yeah, what else is happening??? Not a whole lot. Ooh, watched some British House of Commons while I was doing my three miles this morning. Because at six o'clock in the morning, there's not a whole lot of stuff to watch other than live from London and VH1 constantly replaying My Humps. And when it comes to a decision between funny Brits screaming at a bewildered Tony Blair or Fergie's "lovely lady lumps", guess what's gonna win? That is some crazy stuff right there. Both the song and the legislature, actually...

And in celebrity news, well, we have an embarrasment of riches. First and formost, TomKat has given birth (silently and without medication presumably) to a TomKitten, and you can read my take on that here and here. Or just scroll down. Whatever. And Brooke Shields gave birth to another presumably preternaturally pretty baby, who maybe with the held of antidepressents she won't want to kill (better hope Katie doesn't have those feelings!!!). As if the juicy reproductions weren't enough, we have divorces aplenty. Eddie Murphy's divorce is finalized and Brian Grazer is apparently dumping his wife. Yeah, you're probably saying, "What? Who is Brian Grazer?" Well, he's Ron Howard's producing buddy and his wife did a really funny thing for people a couple of years ago. I feel badly for her. BOOOO Brian Grazer. No one else will love your spiky hair. Finally, Nick Lachey was apparently Jessica's bitch and was told when his marriage was over. Oh sadness. I'm totally on Team Nick. Did you know that Team Nick t-shirts are outselling Team Jessica t-shirts twenty to one? That's a bigger margin that last years's Team Pitt vs. Team Aniston. Wow, I really need to talk to real people more often.

Have to go to class, but awesome TV tonight. Well, except no Lost. Booo!!! But Alias finally comes back, and CSI:NY is new! YAY!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just isn't fair that you have school this week....:(:(:(...I read my "people" news before your blog today...silly me I should have just read your blog and gotten my full day's worth of "scoop".....your take on the issues is always so great!!!! I know what you mean about crying when you read....when I read my travel guides I too cry...since I want to be DOING what is in the books and not READING about doing it:):):)..what can I say???? Enjoy the tv tonight....yeah CSI....:)):)

CMT said...

Hmmm. Mac on CSI:NY executing his best friend...I'd still lurrrrrv him. He's SO hot.

And does anyone else think the name Suri is really pretty?

mi_morena said...

First- *sticks out tongue*

Second, yes, I do actually kind of like Suri now. Not nearly as weird as I first though.

rockford said...

Yes, you should be home today --- it is always much for fun when you are here but I guess that an education is essential, isn't it...it would be wrong of me to say "oh, stay home and keep us all happy..." anonymous is right - there is no reason to read people - you have all the news and it is presented in just such a fun and entertaining manner!!!! I will now read To Kill a Mockingbird if I can - you have no idea how much I want to be able to get back into a book - I just hope that it is the medication and this will come back to me someday - you know how I loved to read!!!! (Sorry that my chemo finished up and you had to stop reading - should I have asked for a second dose???:) ) By the way, I kind of like the name too - it would just be nice if those parents found time to actully give the child a true family - as in married parents....what is with this world????? Thanks for the update - always wonderful fun!!!!:)

Racergirl179 said...

Finally! Isn't that book amazing!!! Loved IT! Wore my copy to shreds!

I can't decide if I like the baby name. At first it sounded really wired. But it is kinda growing on my.