Sunday, April 30, 2006

Eleven Days

And boy, are we counting. First, I reposted the boat stories on the post below in case Ojava wants to catch up on some more of our familial odysseys.

Rainy, cold, and windy. Oh, my kind of day. Especially when I have nothing to do. Imladris had to go be a good person this morning so we went to Mass last night, and I was able to sleep. Wonderful. And I've done exactly nothing else.

Except obviously search for CSI icons. Which is hardly an intellectual activity and therefore does not count. This does, however, make me feel good about myself because while I spend way too much time thinking about these shows and proudly ship Mac/Stella and Catherine/Grissom, I did not have enough time on my hands to come up with the cute little nicknames "Smacked" and "Grillows". See? I have a life. Major spoiler rumors going around the boards about the CSI:NY finale...I'd be glad to enlighten you further, but I don't want to ruin it for you. (Hint: Aiden's back...for now...) All three of them look great this week. Actually I can't remember much about Miami. Cruise ship murders, Catherine confronting her father (again), and a three-way marriage...oh the juicy forensic fun I shall have!!!


Teehee. Locke's a crazy. On the treamill this morning I was watching E! News, because there's absolutely nothing on at ten on Sunday, and there was just too much celebrity gossip to handle. Tom is still in Europe, now he's in Amsterdam talking about how much he loves his baby and Katie. Yeah...hon, why aren't you home with them??? I'm just mad at him now. And he interrupted Phillip Seymour Hoffman's interview to talk about baby Suri. You do not interrupt Capote!!! I'll be he stuck around for longer than a week after his kid was born! And that creepy Ken Baker guy who always lurks around E! apparently divined that Britney is in fact preggers, and she's due in October. Wow. That's a lot of information to get from her official statment of "No comment". Sheesh.

I'm going to go find food. Forrest Gump on TBS tonight! Yay-Lt. Dan!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

CMT said...

No, that guy IS creepy. And also, Capote has a kid? Hmmm who knew?

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember those boat stories and they are just tooooooooo gooood.....:):):) Would the 11 days be until the end of school????? Imladris is ALWAYS a good person sooooooo I assume she had something special to do this morning!!!!! I did too....it was called drive across town to hopefully sell a house.....we will know tomorrow!!!!!! Oh the final weeks of all the great shows.....wow how to find time to watch and enjoy all of them!!!! Did you figure out anyting about the Vegas CSI hint picture???? It just isn't jumping out at me!!!!! As usual....great blog....:):):)

rockford said...

I can't believe it is only 11 more days!!! Whoa!! Time just does not wait does it??? I'm loving the Tom comment - you're right "oh, I love them so much that a few hours after birth I left the continent...." What is with that --- can you imagine what you would have to say to your husband when he got home if he pulled something like that !!??!!! He'd run back to Europe for protection!!!! Loved rereading the boat stories - I have to print those out when I get ink - they are classics!!!!!!

John T Jurkiewicz said...

Thank you so much for the boat stories. You have a very real gift for writing and I actually had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. I have a story for you concerning that boat. Sometime between 1975 and 1981 your father and I went camping at scenic and historic Lake Camelot. Now I don't know whether you know this or not but your paternal grandparents had a trailer on their lot. So..... I was working third shift, Joan and I and Johnny drive to Milwaukee on a Friday. Your dad gets off of work and he and I get in the car to go fishing at Lake Camelot.I'll make a short story long here. We get there and as we are preparing the trailer to be inhabited your dad strikes his head on a jutting piece of sheet metal, sustaining a laceration, which requires sutures. He drives to the hospital and tells me to stay at the camp to tend the fire and begin to prepare dinner. I did. He returns all stitched up. We eat. Then we get in THE BOAT and we go fishing. We catch a bunch of perch. We go back to the camp and cook them and drink a lot of beer. Stroh's I believe. The next morning we went to the castle rock flowage and fished for Walleye. When we returned to the camp we took THE BOAT on a cocktail hour cruise of Lake Camelot and drank Manhattens out of a juice jar. Strange memories, but fun.