Saturday, April 15, 2006

Tantum Ergo

I am such an old school Catholic. Give me a really long Mass at night with candles and songs in Latin and I'm there. I think the only other faith I could be happy in is Greek Orthodox, because they have even more stuff than we do. As Imladris says, it's the only church that can make you walk into a Catholic church and go, "Oh. Minimalist." I think this is why I love the triduum so much, because it's so Catholic. The rest of the year we spend trying to make everybody feel good about themselves and be all ecumenical and everything but for these four days it's like, "No. This is what we are. We are going to use incense and chant in Latin, dammit. Deal with it." My Latin teacher would be proud. I'm now spontaneously declining nouns in songs. "Pacem". Third declension feminine accusative singular. I really need to stop doing that...

Freakin' hungry right now. And really bored. I hate being bored on Saturdays. It makes me feel all depressed for some reason. I'm so weird. Imladris told me yesterday that I'm quirky enough to make a guy interested. I took it as a compliment.

HAHAHA. That would be awesome. Especially if Snape was involved some how.


I'm thinking of putting this on my license plate. Okay, back to my slightly annoying habit of promoting the CSI:NY to anyone who will listen, you all must watch this week. It's another one where Danny gets involved with the Tanglewood boys, and something upsets Stella. The preview looks awesome. I didn't get to see it on Wednesday because the stupid lottery was being finished or something, and it took up the whole freakin screen. Bugger. Who is hugging Danny? Is that Mac? I'm very confused...

Happy Easter everybody. I'm planning on getting drunk and staying that way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are enjoying your Religion this weekend...you are a good person! Oh yeah...CSI...I am there:):):)

rockford said...

From one old school Catholic to another - The ritual was even beautiful over the tv when I could not be there in person with you -- Next year, right???!!!! oh, I can't even tell you how much I hope so!!!!! I was so glad to hear that you practiced your Latin during Mass - I'm sure your teacher would be impressed!!! I hope you had a good Easter even considering everything that went wrong with a member of your family -- I know it is not my fault but I am sorry anyway...but the food was great wasn't it????

mi_morena said...

I did have a wonderful Easter, rockford!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree about the Triduum, Morena. I always enjoy the music they play. Especially Tantum Ergo. I've always enjoyed Latin Church music. I also agree about CSI:), though I probably won't watch:(.

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhh....fyi....the second "anonymous" isn't the same as the first "anonymous"...first anonymous would never miss CSI:):):)