Sunday, April 23, 2006

I am the queen of wasting time looking at crap on the internet

Do you know how much time I just spent on one icon site??? Thirty-four minutes. I did that this morning too. I had to take a quiz by tonight for govenrment, but instead I spent half an hour on message boards (somebody gets hurt in the CSI:NY season finale---on snap!!!) and looking at other sites that I kind of forgot about the quiz. And by that time, I was tired and cranky and I just wanted to go read. And I still had to do my quiz. Bugger.



Really. Everybody's grammar is really depressingly bad. They can't seem to get it through their heads that "your" and "you're" are two completely different words. I found this really funny icon that wouldn't save to my computor about all the bad grammar. "Your stupid". "My stupid what?" HAHAHAHAHA. Wow. I'm an English geek.


Teehee. Crazies. People who are so wrapped up in their own little private heartaches bug me. Read a newspaper. Sheesh.

So watched bunches of movies this weekend. On Friday I went to see American Dreamz, which was pretty good in an offbeat kind of way. Which I understood a little bit more when I realized it was directed by the guy who did About a Boy and In Good Company. The American Idol spoofing was quite funny, though. And that cousin was hilarious. "I'm going on..."

Yesterday I went to see The Sentinel. The reviews say it sucked. The reviews LIE. Maybe I'm just freakishly easy to please or something, but I really enjoyed it. Except it was like too many TV shows rolled into one- it was 24 with The West Wing, and a little Desperate Housewives because I don't care what people say, you cannot look at Eva Longoria without seeing her as Gabrielle. At one point they suggested bringing in the criminal investigation unit and I was like, "No! I can't handle another television show!!!" Everyone should go see it. If only for the KGB agents with British accents.

And then today Imladris and I saw Friends with Money. I'm totally into indies, now. Really good. Lucious Malfoy thought Voldemort was scary? Try telling Catherine Keener (or any woman, for that matter) that her ass is getting too big. Watch the horror. I'm a huge Catherine Keener fan now, btw. I love anyone and anything connected to Capote.


I'm going to go watch Les Miserables (DVD sale at Borders!!! YAY!!!!) and put stickers on envelopes. Oh the fun I shall have. Updated my other blog, too, so read and comment!!! :)

4 comments:

rockford said...

How is it that you have to take a government quiz??? Internet quiz?? Things are just so differnent now, aren't they - my electric typewriter would no longer be considered quite so cool, huh?? So, do you believe the CSI:NY sites and think that someone "gets hurt" on the finale??? Where do these sites get their info? I love the grammar funnies - your and you're; its and it's; there are just so many and no one seems to care anymore!!! Quite the movie weekend you had, my dear--- could you have fit any more in --- you and the critics are tied for movies seen in one weekend! Hope you enjoyed your fake sping break!!!! Not many classes left though, are there???

Anonymous said...

OH I know sometimes I am looking something up and one screen leads to another and.....wow it's been 2 hours.....:):):)...what can I say!!! Oh no...someone gets hurt on NY....????? I didn't know that....must watch:):):) I reallllly want to see the Sentinel...how could it suck...look at that cast!!! It must be a great movie....when I see Eva I think of her as Paul Williams "nasty nasty" wife on the Young and the Restless.....she tried to kill Paul's ex wife left town and must have moved to Wisteria Lane:):):):):)...Have you noticed that MANY shows now bring in the "crime unit"....it is now THE thing to do....keep up the great blogs:):)!!!!!

John T Jurkiewicz said...

The rum is gone because it is hiding in your Aunt Joan's liquor cabinet, which is above our washer and dryer. Thought you might like to know. No frozen meat?

CMT said...

omg update morena!