Friday, April 28, 2006

Your Daily Update

I know how y'all look forward to it. Like coffee, or chocolate, or booze. Whatever gets you through the day, right???

Just finished my debate in government. It went better than I thought it would- we somehow managed to sidestep the entire issue of gay marriage completely and avoid the shower of self-righteous fundamentalist questions being fired from the group. We had one answer. "The constitutional arena is not the appropriate place for this type of issue." Amazing how many different ways you can say that. Got an amusing story about how Canada legalized orgies, too. Yeah, I really needed to hear that from a professor.

And then I hauled myself up the back maintanance stairway to the computor lab (all the fishies are inexplicably gone and there is now a sign on the door saying, "So long and thanks for all the fish"...I'm sure Anubis would appreciate that...) and printed off seven art movement outlines that the art history prof had not posted yet. SEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!! Tha's like a hundred and fifty pages of slides- all at one time. I think Concordia is ready to expell me, and the little lab moderator person was glaring at me. And really, could she have posted these a month ago when we started doing the damn things? Honestly, I'm kind of worried abut whether she feeds her children or not. I wouldn't be surprised if she gives them a massive meal once every couple of weeks.

Completely changing gears here, Rosie's joining The View. Oh good Lord. Either this experience will magically turn her straight (because who wants to deal with those women all day???) or, my opinion, there will be a bloodbath episode by the second week when Rosie finally stops shouting and literally bites somebody's head off. Because, as the ill-fated Boy George musical debacle attested, the Queen of Nice is gone. Now it's just one angry lesbo. Who could probably snap Elisabeth Hasselbeck's neck. This is gonna be good.

I can't link this because I can't find the actual article, but apparently the National Anthem is being adapted into Spanish.
...
...
...
(I'm just waiting till y'll get this.)
...
...
...
Yeah, our National Anthem. I don't use this often, but WTF??? Okay, just a thought here. Maybe this is why immigration is such a freakin' big issue. And maybe this is why other countries don't really have a problem with immigration-if coming here meant actually changing countries and learning a new language and adapting to a different culture, wouldn't there be a significant drop of border-jumpers? I mean, I'm fairly certain that if I decided to sneak into France and live there incognito, they would not change the signs for me. In fact, they would probably laugh at my admittedly laughable pronunciation issues. And then deport me. Either way, it would not be pretty. I'm not saying we should deport everybody who's here already, or that we should make INS regulations so difficult that nobody from a lower economic background can come here, but when you start changing one of the symbols of the nation's identity, things have gone too far.

That's my political rant for the day. I will now lug my soapbox upstairs to the library and use our nifty automatic three-hole-punch machine that I can just not get enough of to punch the seven movement outlines I now have. Thank you and have a nice day. :)

3 comments:

John T Jurkiewicz said...

You might want to share your parents, "frozen meat technique" with the person who may not be feeding her children.

Rosie, gives lesbians a really bad name. As a matter of fact a lot of bona-fide, credible lesbians cringe at the very mention of her name.( I know bona-fide, credible lesbians.) It was kind of like the Madonna/Brittnay spit swap of a few years back----- "Yeah Right"

Gay marriage, sigh, this is getting really old and I guess I am taking a cope out sort of attitude, but it doesnt affect me so I don't worry about it.

Now, as far as Jehovah's Witnesses are concerned, I did invite two of them into my mothers kitchen to debate the finer points of theology and see if we could find a common ground. We couldn't and my mother had a fit and I believe I got grounded for 10 years or some other such nonsense.

I wonder what she would have said if I had brought two lesbians inot the kitchen?

Orgies in Canada? Everything good happens after I am too old to enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is better than chocolate and booze because it doesn't cause weight gain....but I love me my coffee and your blogs...you are tied with my morning coffee:):):) Well you covered many important issues today....first....I bet you are glad school is almost over for the summer.....!!!!....second...OMG just what that show needs is Rosie!!!!!...I truly didn't think it could get worse....but I must have been wrong....I think cute little republican conservataive Elizabeth best head for the hills because Rosie will most likely have her for breakfast...there will be nothing left but one small pretty strand of hair....that girl needs a new job to save her life!!!!! AOL had a pole asking if adding Rosie was a good or bad idea...yes I voted "BAD IDEA" and it appears the majority of the votes also said "BAD IDEA"....third....oh Morena I don't say this too often either but....WTF...is the only thing I can think of when it comes to OUR National Anthem in spanish....I repeat WTF.....!!!!! As luck would have it AOL also had a pole on this and yes.....the majority of the voters said this just should not be!!!!!!!!!...don't get me started on the imigration situation!!!!!!!!!....the words that would start to flow should not be put in writing...so I will stop now......as usual your blog was a delight:):):):)

Arbiter-117 said...

I wonder why they are changing the National Anthem?? It's The NATIONAL Anthem, not the INTER- NATIONAL Anthem. S