Monday, April 03, 2006

Wonderful Weather

Well, probably only for me. It's cold and rainy and windy. So windy that I almost blew off the driveway when I walked outside. Although I think that's because we live in this weird, Matrix-like air current that gives us only the extremes in weather. It's the only way to explain why we don't have a porch railing anymore.

So did everybody like my icon goodness on Friday? I hope so. How was everybody's weekend??? Mine was good. I did absolutely nothing. It was quite nice. Oooh, and CBS was having their frequent Clean Out the Crime Show Dramas time last night and they played the CSI:NY season finale from last season. Oh. We love that one. Here is what I thought about it when it was first on. We watched King Kong on Saturday. Wow. That's so wrong there's a word for it. I made the mistake of saying that around my brother, and he was immediately like, "Wait. What word???" I'm such a bad influence.


Completely changing subjects, I opened my e-mail yesterday, and there were fifteen e-mails from FastWeb all bearing the same message. "Oh my God, if you don't fill out this scholarship in the next five minutes you will die poor and alone!!!!" Well, okay, it might not have been that dramatic, but still. And it's not like I'm ever going to win anything. You wanna know why?

Because I'm normal. I'm happy, I'm heathy, I live in a nice house. I don't have any illegitimate but charming children. My grandfather got through WWII without an injury (not that I wish one on him, but if he had shot himself in the foot on a submarine I'd be eligable for another ten grand. I'm just saying.) My parents are nice, normal, fairly healthy, well-educated people who have held/are holding good jobs, are still married and love each other, and have never gotten drunk and beat me up. This sucks. One of the essays wanted me to write about an incident in my life the illuminated a greater social injustice. Yeah. Um...I really want an iPod. And a car. Are those social injustices??? I think not.

Any other Monday I'd say that I'll have something up about CSI:Miami, but those basketball crazies are taking over my CSI. Oh the sadness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh........NY was just toooooooo good last night....I didn't see that episode before!!!! I didn't read your original blog about the finale because I knew I would watch it sometime in reruns!!! I just went back and read it now...boy you hit that plot on the head!!:):):):):) That last little dress Stella was wearing was just the most desperate thing I ever saw...but if I looked like that in that dress I would buy one for every day!!!!:):):) I am sooooo glad you have a good life, but wish you could get some college $$$$$...is this the same CSI that is on this Wednesday??? Let me know because I have a serious Wednesday conflict...:):):)...the basketball boys are almost finished:):)

CMT said...

Idk I think the i-Pod thing at least is a *little* unjust.