Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I am always cheerful and I do not dwell on my mistakes

First, updated my other blog. Snaps for me!

And I'd just like to put up the original frozen meat post in case Ojava wants the history of it. Sad to say, it's been a year and we still freeze everything. You never know when those Russians might take over.

Teehee. Alan. I think we'd get along well. Why does no one else???

I've been sucking down the Advil Cold and Sinus lately. They say it doesn't make you drowsy. They lie. My mouth feels like cotton and I could possibly fall asleep at the keyboard. Sheesh. I've never had allergies before- why now??? I think my body is trying to punish my for making it get up early by slowly destroying me from the inside out.


Went icon searching again. Wow. Last week on her blog Imladris was saying how desperately important The Notebook was to teenage girls. Why? It was kind of boring and depressing and completely unrealistic because I don't care how much in love you are, Alzheimers does not go away. I have a theory that it was the first actual adult movie that those girls saw- you know, not Disney or Harry Potter (which, coincidentally, seems to RUN THEIR LIVES), and they just think it's so cool. To which I say, please go out and watch another movie. Because if I have to look at another "They fell in love didn't they?" icon, I will go emo and cut myself. Sheesh.

Going to go do something completely unproductive...

7 comments:

rockford said...

I'm sure that Ojava will appreciate the frozen meat post - I can't believe that was a year ago - some of that meat may still be there!!!! Advil cold and sinus should not make you so tired - it's not like benedryl but maybe you are just really sensitive to it -- hope that your allergies get bettere soon - they say it is bad this year though -- have fun being unproductive....:)

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love the frozen meat and bread stories.....:):):)Oh please do not go emo on us!!!!!! Tell Ojava that I too am reading his blog....but since I am "anonymous" I can't comment....I will still read his.....love thos blogs:):):) Have fun being nonproductive...nothing wrong with that....:):):)

CMT said...

NOOOOOOO do not go emo and cut yourself, we would not have any more posts then!!!!!!

Also, agree with your Notebook theory. "They fell in love, didn't they?" Yes, sweetie, they did. And then they died. Old and ugly.

Grrrrrr.

Racergirl179 said...

I see you used one of the icons that I sent you. Yeah! I feel so special now!

John T Jurkiewicz said...

The saga of frozen meat is not only fascinating but poignant. In your fathers defense, I believe it is a genetic predisposition. While dining with my parents, who are his parents, on Friday last for lunch, I witnessed my mother, your grandmother, load fish, fries and rolls, into a three take home bags to......... you guessed it: Freeze.She said she and my father, your grandfather, could eat off that for a week. Frozen, breaded fish. Frozen, waffle fries. Ewwww. Be kind to your parents, for they know not what they freeze.

mi_morena said...

Frozen waffle fries??? That's a whole new kind of disgusting...I think it's a primal easter european thing...

John T Jurkiewicz said...

I have never been to Europe during Easter so I am not quite sure if they freeze their meat then or on any other holidays for that matter. I think it has to do more with The Depression. Not the kind you take Zolof for but the one that lasted ten years or so and caused a lot of really weak movies to be made during the forties and fifties such as Grapes of Wrath. How can a grape have issues? I mean, I guess if it wanted to accelerate the process of becoming a raisen, that could be one possible cause. Otherwise grapes lead pretty sedentary lives, just sort of hanging their or lying in a fruit basket on your table as a decorative sort of apartief. Frozen grapes are yummy however. But not forzen waffle fries. Or frozen Europeons.