Friday, June 02, 2006

Clean Out the CSI Icons Day

I have so many, and I never seem to have occasion to use the Vegas ones because I generally spend less time obsessing over watching that one. Not that I don't love it, because I really do. We'll start with some Greg, our favorite flunky CSI...



Okay, so I'm starting to think taking this job was a bad idea. Because I am now in possession of a two very dangerous things- an employee discount and a gift card. Oh the crazy shopping fun I shall have.



But I'm having some trouble deciding what to buy---The Dante Club, or The Man Who Loved Jane Austen. The Dante Club really looks better to me, but they're releasing a really cheap mass market paperback in a month, which would only cost me six bucks. But as I am an incredibly impatient person, this is troubling to me. It would end up costing me exactly the same, too. Thoughts? Comments? I also kind of want to buy the special edition DVD of Of Mice and Men, but that's for...um...completely different reasons.



Numbers is on tonight. I'm so totally over that curly-haired one and totally into the older brother now. We're renting Northern Exposure DVDs. There is some mighty fine acting on that show.



Saw Thank You For Smoking last night with a grand total of three people. One of whom was with me. Yeah. That theater is totally going to close down... Really funny, actually. I'm totally into indies now. I didn't get home until eleven thirty, so I was kind of too tired to comprehend it last night, but all day today these flashes of brilliantly funny lines have been coming back to me, and then I have to ask myself, "Wait. What is that from?" And then I have to answer myself, "Oh. Right. HAHAHAHAHA." And then I have to tell myself, "No, you're not crazy. At least all the voices in your head sound the same."

Fun with quotes!!!



Tomorrow's Saturday. Woot. Have to work right in the middle of the day. Boo. Want to go see The Break-Up and decide if Vaughniston is as cute as they appear to be. Not that I would ever decide to become a Brangelina supporter, but still.



Not a whole lot going on in the World of Beautiful People. Matthew McCaughnehey split with the ethnic actress that isn't Salma Hayek, and Rachel Weitsz had a boy. Snaps for her. We like her.



Sorry, I couldn't resist. I can't leave my NYers all alone in the picture file.

Have a good Friday night, everybody!!

6 comments:

CMT said...

I remember watching commericals for Northern Exposure on the Hallmark Channel, like, years ago. That was when I was very young and could not yet appreciate truly good acting.

Oh Greg. Oh Nick. Oh Grissom. I lurrrrv you guys ;)

Danny...meh, not so much. Danny's kind of creepy. And yet I love him, too. Not like that, though.

GRILLOWS!!!

We must rent Thank You For Smoking. Woot! I vaguely remember you coming home...or do I? Hmm I remember waking up in the middle of the night and being like, "Kathleen's home. She wasn't when I fell asleep. Interesting." Aaaaand then I was gone.

Definitelky The Man Who Loved Jane Austen. DEF. We lurvv Mr. Darcy and any manner of his compltely false real-life manifestations.

rockford said...

This is movie weekend isn't it???? Although you did have a three movie weekend not too long ago I believe....I would love to get the nothern exposure dvds - we used to love that show because of the moose:)....I'm thinking you're not going to be watching the moose, right???? Enjoyed your icons - it is more of csi than I see on tv...thanks for the update....let's look into those dvds....

mi_morena said...

Already ordered the first season from the library, rockford...and no, not because of the moose.

rockford said...

long wait at the library though.....everyone must admire the acting:)........

mi_morena said...

no, actually, we're first---I got the great acting before everyone else. Such is my devotion.

Anonymous said...

You suck. Update.