Friday, June 16, 2006

Oh, You'd Better Believe It, Sparky

The less attractive brother from Numb3rs is on Regis and Kelly. Why don't they ever have the really hot one on??? Not fair. Geez, they didn't even let him talk very long! Sandra Bullock got to wax extensive about her first meeting with that lovely catch of a husband of hers, and they drag poor Charlie out for three minutes and say, "Yeah, first season on DVD, go buy it," (already have), and then the Grill Friday's guy is out. Who is not on a show with a hot guy. Bugger.


Okay, as a woman of theoretical childbearing age, although I am unloveable and will probably die alone and without issue, I am pissed off at the Department of Heath and Human Services. I think that this is ridiculous. And inflammatory. And complete and utter bullshit. I'm sorry. I really don't think that all the children who were not breastfed are walking timebombs and are all going to die while our tree-hugging, hemp-wearing, Sun-worshipping brothers grow and flourish and develop into some sort of Aryan super-race. I wasn't breastfed, my brother and sister weren't, my parents weren't, and I'm pretty sure that my most of my grandparents weren't either. I'm doing okay. And I'm fairly certain that any weight issues I might have have more to do with my love affair with carbs rather than the fact that my mother didn't turn into a cow for the first nine months of my life.

And I know it's completely politically incorrect, but I am really, really disturbed by the sight of a woman breastfeeding in public. It may be natural, and it may be beautiful, but it is NOT something that should be natural and beautiful in public. This is why God gave us Isomil.

That was my unpopular political rant for the day. Hope you enjoyed it.

It's freaking hot out. This whole week was like fifty degrees, and blissfully not humid, but today I woke up and could hardly breath. Luckily, Mommie Dearest must have been high or something was too tired to argue and let me turn on the air conditioning. So my wet hair is not a ball of red fuzz. Thank God. But it's not supposed to go way, and I have to work all day tomorrow. In something appropriate for food service yet not suffocating. Ooh, maybe I'll wear my pretty new closed-toe wedges...funness!!!

Dammit!!! Now I'm a bad Grobanite if I don't spend $17 dollars (WITH my discount) on a CD that I couldn't care less about just because Josh sings two new songs. Bugger.

Have a good Friday everybody!!!

3 comments:

Arbiter-117 said...

Yeah, I agree that the fact that i am grossly overweight has nothing to do with Mom giving us infant formula. I am with you in your carbo love-affair. That is a more probable excuse- I mean reason for it. Well, that is all I am going to rant about. Bye!!

CMT said...

OK, the whole breastfeeding thing - I'm really, really, REALLY against becoming a cow. I'm sorry. It is, as Queen Victoria said, succumbing to the animal side of our nature. It's gross. It's weird. It's like drinking your own urine - if you're stranded in the desert and you're gonna die, maybe - MAYBE- you can do it, to survive. But otherwise - eeeeeewww *gags* *vomits*

mi_morena said...

HAHAHA---ninety proof...that's a good one!!!

Yeah, other than the fact that it's really gross, it's completely unfair. My breasts are there to fill out sweaters and make my stomach look flatter. That's all. And I do love me some bourbon.