Monday, June 26, 2006

Janet liked the ones in the blue box with the little daisies on the side...

Dear lord, it's Monday again. Sheesh. Where does the time go??? Meanwhile, eleven days until July 7th, and I am now in possesion of four tickets to the midnight showing of Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Woot. How sad am I? Hey, if I can do it for old British guys, I can do it for slightly younger and way hotter Johnny.

Wanna know how sad I am? I spent all night on Friday finding TV icons, which would be of major use if I had anything to update my TV blog with (summer television sucks). Instead, I shall put them here. But look how pretty!!! :)



I'm trying to get a passport, for no reason other than I think it would be fun. I mean, I have no money, and no travel plans, but I'm crazy like Sandra Bullock in While You Were Sleeping, and think that having one would be da bomb.

But you need a birth certificate. This isn't a huge problem, as I was born perfectly legally to married parents one of whom is a lawyer and filed all the proper paperwork. I'm totally an indisputable citizen. Unfortunately, while my parents were law-abiding, they are not terribly organized, and I cannot find one around the house. And I know one is here, because I needed it three years ago to get my drivers license. But I cannot find one, y'all.

Now, I know what you're thinking, and yes, I still live in the city I was born in, and could easily go to the courthouse and just pick up a copy. Sounds like a plan, until you factor in the construction that makes it impossible to FIND the courthouse much less park and walk in, an obsessivly worried parent who doesn't like you driving anywhere, and my own disinclination to talk to people. So I asked Daddy to do it. THREE MONTHS ago. It has not been accomplished. Apparently, he feels that earning enough money to support me and send me to school is enough to do during the day. Whatever.

So I decided to take care of it myself, with little to no human interaction required, and get a copy sent to me by mail. Which required a lot of different websites from both the State of Wisconsin and the city I live in. The first one I tried was the whole vital statistics place in Madison, but they take a month to process it because they presumably have to take a couple hours a day to go hug trees. My city doesn't require that so much, so they're infinately faster, so that's the route we're going. And the only person I have to talk to is the person at the post office. That I can do. ;)



Whoo! Alias icons!!! *tear* We miss Alias. I find the last one a little creepy though, because it's Jennifer Garne and her ex pretending to be all happy and parents, and clearly he's not the father of her real kid. That's a little disconcerting, frankly.

So I watched half of Signs yesterday on TNT before I fell asleep (it wasn't the movie, I was exhausted). Good acting. I think I need to watch the rest of it today...

Awww...we are so thrilled for Nicole and Keith. And I love how they did it so normally. And her dress was beautiful---not many people can pull off poofy sleeves. But I guess she really is just a hanger with a head. I think that the State of California needs to seriously award sole custody to Nicole now, because clearly she is a better influence on her kids than the Cruisazy.

Oh, and Marcia Cross got married. I dont' care.

And because I am pathologically incapable of completing a post without some reference to CSI...



Have a good day, children!!!

1 comment:

CMT said...

First of all, can anyone be born illegally? Just a thought.

Secondly, love the lovely CBS icons. And the lovely post title. Very much appreciate you not making a scene whilst we were watching the good acting last night. You were very discreet.

And we love Joaquin Phoenix. He's hot and troubled.

Boooo. Now I want a passport.