Monday, June 05, 2006

Unwritten

Major Monday blahs, y’all. OMG, I could not get out of bed this morning. I slept for two hours after squiring Imladris to school. Which is late, even for me. And then it threw me into a time funk, because I should NOT be starting my day with the ladies from The View (major sadness---Meredith is leaving on Friday and I can’t watch the estrogren-fueled sobfest because I have to serve coffee to nonexistent people!!!! I’m very upset.) and then I got a little bit amused because they were yelling about gay marriage and Star did my debate from government. Whoo! See? We did well!!! A former DA agrees with us!!! *ahem* Just cleaned the ENTIRE house, too. You may all bow before my domestic and filial goodness.


So? How was everybody’s weekend??? Went to see the Break Up on Saturday with everybody else in the country, apparently. So cute. We love Vince Vaughn. And Jason Bateman. And, ironically, Jennifer Aniston. We are thrilled to see her with someone infinitely less attractive than Brad Pitt because it gives us hopes that we can settle too!!! Take that, Sexiest Baby Alive. You should go see it, Mickey---your kind of movie, I think.

Then celebrated my parent’s anniversary by having them…buy us dinner. Yeah. They’re really good parents. The last four years they’ve pretty much done stuff for us- 2003 we all went to see Daddy Day Care, 2004 I was supposed to babysit but went to a movie leaving them home instead, I don’t really remember what happened last year but I’m pretty sure it involved us, and then this year they brought take-out home for us and went and watched my sister sing. In my Holy Slingbacks. Which were, apparently, trying to kill her all evening. But she did well. Even the Russian song.


So I was really bored at work on Saturday because like four people came in the entire five-hour period I was there and I only knew how to make two of the drinks they ordered anyways. And there's only so much time you can wipe down tables before the fumes start to make you lightheaded. Luckily, there was a display with the DVDs of Numb3rs right next to Northern Exposure. So I spent a good hour leaning against a coffee machine and having FBI-themed fantasies. Good times.

These are, by the way, are completely different from CSI-themed fantasies, which are far more prevalent. Probably because there are three of them, and at some point I've been into every single guy on all of them, thus giving one exponentially more thoughts. Except Delko. And Warrick. And Danny. And Hawkes. Okay, so maybe not so many. But still. CBS pretty much owns my soul at this point.

When I got home from being paid to have Kevlar-inspired daydreams work, I starting reading this absolutely wonderful book, The Man Who Loved Jane Austen. Soooo good. Imladris and Racergirl must read. My inner Lizzie Bennet is going, "YES!!! I KNEW HE EXISTED SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She's a little crazy.

(Icons aren't working. Oh the rage.)

Oooh, watched the Mrs. World 2006 this weekend. Imladris covered the batshit pretty well. I don't have too much to add, except that I was very confused by Mrs. Yugoslavia because, well, there is no more Yugoslavia. So I did some research, and found out that while it did dissolve for all intents and purposes six years ago (way to go, Slobodon), Serbia and Montenegro didn't officially declare independence until this weekend. So until Saturday, there was still still technically a Republic of Yugoslavia, which was presumably where this woman was from. Glad to clear that up for you. I'm sure it was on your minds all day.

(Insert Funny Icon *here*)

Some news from LaLa Land...My sister's intended is getting married this weekend. Okay, so he hasn't been her intended since the summer of '97, but I swear to God we were eating those toaster waffles through the millenium...

Anybody else think maybe he just doesn't want to do any more Hopelessly Devoted To You duets??? I'd probably run, too.

Finally, for the love of God please make it stop. It burns us. It burns us!!!

Have a good Monday, everybody!!!

2 comments:

CMT said...

OK, I think it's really sad that Isaac, who was kind of like the least attractive one of them, is the last unmarried Hanson brother. I like to think that it's because he's riding too high on all the New-York-bachelor-musician-debauchery. Honestly, now that's he's all grown up he's not that bad looking.

When you said "my sister's intended" for a second I thought "What?!? Josh Lucas is single, dammit, he SAID so!!!!"

rockford said...

Sorry about the monday blahs - I would not know about that, would I, because I am always just so jolly lately:).....I loved going to the movie wiwth you - I wish they had gotten together - see, i prefer your predictable classic love story - none of this make you think about relationship stuff....but, as we said, all morality aside, which it never should be, but this is why living together is a terrible idea - you need the commitment to get you through the tough adjustments of a new marriage...there is my lecture for the day....we will tape the sobfest for you on friday....glad you enjoyed your partents' anniversary - they are great parents aren't they:) :) :)...enjoy the job - coffe and books sound good to me:)