Friday, June 30, 2006

You wouldn't be the first person in our family to walk down the aisle carrying more than a bouquet.

(Note: The title is not an actual reflection on anyone in my family, but rather a funny quote that probably only Imladris will understand. I'm not insulting anyone, nobody e-mail my grandparents. Oh, who am I kidding. My mom would probably trade my immortal soul for the chance to play with a grandchild, and Mickey would just give me fashion tips. We're so weird.)

Oh my children, do not worry, for I have not abadoned you. I just have no life, and therefore, not a whole lot do write about. And I had craploads of laundry to do and fold and still had to get to work by six. And even if I had had the time, energy, or inclination to do such an entry, it probably would not have been terribly interesting as I had negative creative energy yesterday. I know, you're upset. But fear not, as I am back.



I also had very little extra time yesterday because of this really good book, John Paul the Great. As we all know, sensationalized histories of the British monarchs are way more my style, but my mom got this book and loved it so much that she told me to read it. I was avoiding wiping up the floor yesterday morning, and this had big letters and was only two hundred pages, so I figured I'd start it. It was so good I read almost the whole thing before begrudingly actually doing the floor. I finished it later in the day.

It was really interesting, and not terribly heavy in that biographical way (not that I have anything against biographies), and her love for him was so apparent that it gave the whole narrative this transcendent quality. I loved it, and was moved almost to tears several times. Everyone must go read.

Now we've moved on to the slightly less spiritually-enlightening but still entertaining The Dante Club. Love me some literary mysteries.



OMG, y'all, could not sleep last night. I think it was the gallons of free coffee I consumed while twiddling my thumbs at work last night. I closed, so I didn't go to bed until like eleven thirty, and then I kind of tossed and turned until three, and then I gave up and watched Without a Trace from last night. Oooh, goodness. A schoolbus full of kids disappear. Where I'd seen the mom before kept me up all night. (Paul Lewiston's daughter on Boston Legal.)

I couldn't fall asleep until six, and then it toally screwed me up because I usually get up at about eight and leisurly work out and then watch Regis and Kelly. Yeah. That didn't happen. I skipped walking and missed the Regis and Kelly monologue. So now I feel fat and I missed the witty banter. And I have a pimple on my cheek. I'm not pleased. *scowls* And my dad's home for some reason that I'm not completely clear on and don't really have the energy to go out and find out why.



I am happy, however, because The View is a taped one with The Devil Wears Prada cast (OMG, SOOOOO seeing!!!!!) and the opening banter was about being fired. And Star just sat there and glowered. The whole itme. She didn't say a thing.

Meanwhile, she apparently retaliated on Larry King last night, which my gossip monger sister taped for me. I haven't seen it yet, but I'd just like to say that my Inner Pop Culture Whore is eating this shit up. She cannot get enough. Yes, she's a little sick. That's okay, she likes herself. ;)



Whoo---Criminal Minds!!! Snaps for the chubby girl. I'm smaller, right??? My Inner Pop Culture Whore is also slighlty insecure.

As I'm' sure you all noticed (*winks*) I changed my profile pic to Van Gogh's Outdoor Cafe at Night. It's actually part of the Starry Night series, but less reproduced, which makes it obscure enough for me to use it. I think it's one of the prettiest, though.

I contemplated putting up Magritte's Le Voil (which I'm not even going to link here, if you want to see it be creative and google Magritte), to be inflammatory and see how long it would take everybody to notice, but then thought the better of it. When Google Images's safety filters won't even let you see it, it's probably not appropriate for a family blog...

Have a good Friday, y'all...



2 comments:

CMT said...

Yeah, the title is cute. And inflammatory. Ahem.

THAT'S where the daughter was from! *facepalms* Wasn't that a good ep? LOTS of Danny. We lurrrrrvs it. And I really liked the part where the two no-good kids came home to their phildandering dad and he was all crying to see they were safe and hugging them and they were all "we luv you dad!" and I cried.

No. Kidding. I didn't. But it was moving anyway.

Arbiter-117 said...

Hey, I got that title, too!!That was a funny episode. And I like your picture. I have no idea what that other one you were talking about was, but, judging by your description, I don't wanna know.
That is all. Bye!!