Friday, June 09, 2006

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Last one, I promise. Mainly because it's Friday and next week they will be going back to normal, boring words.

This is, btw, the longest English word in any dictionary (45 letters). And I can't even begin to tell you how to pronounce it, except to hear it, which you can here. It's worth it, trust me.

It means some kind of lung problem. Not that anybody uses it.

Major iTunes disaster today, y'all. Last night I was reorganizing some stuff, and when the little prompt came up and asked me if I wanted to upgrade, I accidentelly clicked on "Yes" instead of "No". I didn't really feel like going through the whole thing because it was ten thirty and I was really tired, so I just stopped it. Obviously not soon enough. So today when the Boy tried to open it, it said that files were missing and you had to reinstall. So he flipped out because God forbid we lose Toby Keith singing about bombs (I'm as red-state as the next girl, but must we write ditties about blowing people to shreds?). Thankfully, when I reinstalled it, and held my breath and crossed my fingers because I really didn't feel like rounding up the CD version of my 500 song library, everything worked fine and all our songs are still there. And my gift certificate credit. *whew* Now the Boy will not come after me with a hatchet in the middle of the night.

Possibly the best part? We are now video-enabled, which means that I can download any of my CSI episodes, and Numb3rs (which we broke down and purchased the first season, even though it only has thirteen episodes...whatever.) and watch them on my computor at any time. Life is good.

So I worked all morning today, which was okay because I got my first ever paycheck. Only for eleven hours, so it wasn't monumentally huge or anything, but still better than an allowence! But as soon as the bright-shiny-new-eighty-dollars-really?!?!?!?! feeling kind of wore off, I was just bored. Because we had four customers the first three hours. Seriously. I'm not forgetting any. There were four. It was sooooo boring, but in that tiring way, where you cannot get enough coffee, even though it's free. And I was alone again for an hour, and didn't end up in a fetal position in the corner when somebody asked for an iced drink, so I'm thinking that's pretty good. And I have more full-time hours next week, so maybe I'm beyond being babysat. That would be nice.

Then I came home and dusted and vacuumed. Oh the joy. So much fun I could barely stand it.

But then I devoured my new People magazine with Baby Jolie-Pitt photos---so cute!!! If I wasn't convinced that he was an adultering manwhore the pictures of Brad Pitt holding that precious little baby would have absolutely melted me. I could hear my ovaries yelling, "Seriously? Are we really on Team Aniston?!?!?! Look how pretty!!!!"

Have a good Friday, y'all. Numb3rs tonight- whoo!

2 comments:

mi_morena said...

I get a word-a-day e-mail, and the theme this week was extremely long words. I couldn't come up with these on my own... ;)

Arbiter-117 said...

Rest asured, Morena. I will not come after you after dark with a hatchet *secretly crosses fingers behind back so no one can see*. Oh, was that out loud? Um, er, Bye!!!!!