Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Cooking by Cell Phone

Our egg timer broke, so I developed a rather ingenious (if I do say so myself) alternative and used my cell phone as the timer. I am truly a child of the new millennium.

And things turned out remarkably well. Cookies and cake, oh my. Lovely.

Perhaps I should go eat some of it, because all I've had today is coffee. And more coffee. And now I'm kind of bouncing around. I technically had a lunch break, but they made me take it at eleven, like twenty minutes after I go there. I was not amused.

And certainly not hungry. So I drank my iced latte and laughed as Aaron came out to talk to me every ten minutes like we're supposed to do with real customers, except I was the only one there. That was amusing.

But now I'm really wired. It's okay. I've been feeling bloated lately, so a day without eating might make me feel better.

Work was okay. Not great, but not horrible, either. I am in love with the espresso machine, which does everything but pay for the drink. After the hissing, steaming monster we had before, this is AMAZING. Have to work on the 4th, though, even though I asked off a long time ago. Why do they always ignore my requests off??? I could put up a stink and not show up, but I feel badly because I have to be gone for most of August, anyway. It's only four hours, I'll just miss the parade, which I'm generally not too fond of anyway.

Then I can go drink. *sigh*
Been reading. Duh. That's kind of all I do.

Afternoons with Emily, by Rose MacMurrey, was quite good. Emily Dickinson as a crazy. Fun.

And A Might Heart was AMAZING, if tragic and sad (obviously). But ultimately uplifting, if that is at all possible. I'm going to go see the movie now- I really hope it's as good.

Totally changing the subject, I have tickets for the 12:01 showing of Harry Potter Whatever-Number-They're-On-Now-I-Don't-Care- whee!!! I do so love midnight showings. The crazies come out and it's just a damn good time! Going with kind of a large group, but it's only two families, which makes it nice and not too many people. So looking forward to Snape, did you know he lives in a dungeon? the movie.

Some links:

WHAT? NO! YOU FREAKING HAD YOUR FREAKING CHANCE BITCH!!! Well what am I going to do now?

Brand-New Elizabeth: The Golden Age trailer. I've watched it like six times. I adore it. I can't wait until October. I love me some royal sagas. And OMG CLIVE OWEN SO HOT!!!!!!!! *ahem*

Also, Geoffrey Rush and Tom Hollander. All my POTC friends!!! Johnny should swing by.

6 comments:

CMT said...

I want to marry that trailer.

CMT said...

I will have that trailer's firstborn child.

CMT said...

We'll name it Larry.

Anonymous said...

lol...cooking by cell phone...yum cookies and cake:):):)

Anonymous said...

The cookies and cake are fantastic!!! It pays to be a child of the 21st century.....I do so think that you would make a much better queen of England....and think of the nice accomidatiions when I came to visit:)....

Arbiter-117 said...

Funny post. Slightly rando, but funny.