Sunday, June 24, 2007

Randomness During My First Weekend Off In Long, Long Time

Good moring, all. It's nine-thirty on Sunday morning, when I'm usually asleep, at Mass, or at work. But I had to get up to drive Colleen to work, I went to Mass last night so I could drive Colleen to work, and frankly they don't want to pay me any more after the full-time week I put in last week.

I don't know what to do on Sunday mornings. I'm all alone here, and there's nothing to do. I could clean. My house is filthy because of the full-time week put in last week, and there's some serious laundryage up the chute. Or I could blog. Yep. Definitely blog.

Today will be rather random, mostly because I'm working on about five hours of sleep and a venti iced latte from Starbucks. *Suspend disbelief here for a moment, because I do, after all, work at a coffee shop. A subsidiary of Starbucks, even* Seriously. $4.07 for a coffee??? It's two shots of espresso and milk. Gah.

But I was feeling entitled after driving to and back from Cedarburg twice, once with an apron. Hey, I'm just happy I didn't get a ticket, because I'm almost positive that I parked in a non-parking zone. Whatever. The hair was working and wearing a boob shirt. I could have gotten out of it.

Random Section #1- Music. I know, right? I don't like music. But I have like three things I want to hit on. Well, not "hit on" in the "How you doin'?" sense, but rather discuss.

First, mostly directed at those who share my computor, who downloaded Hey There Delilah? Because I seriously need to talk to them about how much I love Plain White T's. Have you heard All That We Needed??? You should. It's amazing.

Also downloaded Umbrella, the unofficial song of summer '07. And if I could find the live sans Jay-Z version I think I'd like it much more. Thankfully it's just the first thirty seconds. I flippin' love Rihanna. She's about as close to something other than white-bread pop that I enjoy.

And Kelly Clarkson's new I'm Angry At My Management See Look At My Angry Dark Cover Pose? album comes out on Tuesday, which I think I'll buy because I'm such a dork I like everything she sings. No, really. Behind Your Hazel Eyes was the ONLY song I listened to the ENTIRE way to Ohio two summers ago.



Speaking of Ohio, apparently we have vacation plans there for this summer or fall. I don't know anything more that that, though, because my father got all weird and refused to tell me anything else about it. This was our conversation.

Me: Well, I need to know about Galena because I have to ask off.
Dad: I know, but we were also going to go to Ohio.
Me: What? Why? Where? Why Ohio?
Dad: Your mother wants to go.
Me: Why? There's nothing in Ohio! What did she say?
Dad: I don't know! I don't owe you and explanation!
Colleen: Um, yeah, when you're asking us to take off of work and leave the state with you, you kind of do!
Dad: I haven't asked you guys!
Colleen: What!?!? I'm a child! You have to take me.
Me: No. Really. Why Ohio? The clinic? Fond memories?
Dad: Go talk to your mother.

See??? He gets really weird.

Also, I kind of completely forgot that we have a relative in Ohio. *shame*



Finished the freakishly long training week on Friday-whee! And got free food! I only had to buy lunch on day last week. And my sensitive gastointestinal system has calmed down after basically being hooked up to a caffeine drip for the past week. I can sleep and not throw up again! Yay!!!

Have to work at the actual cafe on Monday, though, which should be massive amounts of scariness, because it's me and Music Guy, who have like a negative idea of what to do. Except he's cute and I'm good at sucking up. So customer service should be handled well.

Being at work all week last week really cut into my preferred method of passing summer, though: sitting alone and reading. I did finish Nineteen Minutes, Jodi Picoult's latest. It was really good, and really disturbing, but not in poor taste because it was published three weeks before the whole Virginia Tech thing. Still. And I haven't read any of her other stuff, so I didn't see the apparently trademarked twist at the end, and was pleasantly surprised. So very good.

And got a Harry Potter in there, too. They're actually kind of good. And at least I can picture Alan doing all the Snape parts, because God knows the producers don't give him enough to do in the movies.

Although he was featured in Entertainment Weekly's 100 issue! YAY!!! Colleen had plenty of snarky comments about that. *sniff*

Some stolen stories that I must comment on:

Jane Austen Book Club movie stills. I'm really looking forward to this movie, because I ADORED! the book, but they screwed up the ages. Who the hell is Hugh Dancy playing?? Oh, Grigg. Wasn't he way older. *sigh*

KATE AND LEO!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! PLEASE GET MARRIED AND ONLY ACT WITH EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, was my Titanic-fangirl showing?

God, this is going to suck SO MUCH. But you know I'll be there opening weekend, with all the other losers.

YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE, BITCH!!! HANDS OFF!!! What the hell am I going to do with my useless background in history if she marries him!?!?!?

Aww, crap. I was really hoping they'd find her alive, even if the whole "Mommy's in rug" thing wasn't too hopeful. This sounds horrible, especially now that she's dead, but what was she doing with that guy? She was beautiful, and had a lovely house, had a mother who must have been kind of in her life because she was the one who made the 911 call, and she was sleeping with a married unattractive guy who clearly killed her. *sigh*

Meanwhile, I've decided that having children is much too risky, because chances are the dad will kill you. And I'm so paranoid, I'll think my husband is trying to get me. I swear, he's going to wake up one morning and I'll be doing the "I'm on you" eyes. Yeah. We're gonna be happy. :D

2 comments:

CMT said...

Fricking Ohio.

OMG KATE AND LEO! GET ON TOP OF A TABLE AND DO A JIG! DOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIT!

Anonymous said...

Yeah....mommy in a rug was a bit of a clue!!!! Please keep me informed regarding your Ohio plans unless your pony has learned how to give herself dinner!!!!:):):)