Monday, June 11, 2007

He is a bit of a lumox, isn't he?

I am not pleased with the State Department right now.

And not just because they waste space with useless travel warnings. I'm sorry. But if you think traveling to the West Bank is a good idea right now, you deserve to die.

No, right now it's because they screwed up my passport, even though my middle name is CLEARLY two words, and CLEARLY outlined on the PROVIDED birth certificate and HOW STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE!?!?!

*ahem*

And now I have to wait for weeks to get a new one. You know, with everyone else in the country because all of a sudden Canada is a big security risk.

Pssh. Government.


I'm feeling remarkably benevolent towards my government right now, though, as I finished A Thousand Splendid Suns last night while the rest of the family was watching The Magnificent Seven (umm...horses...and guns...and a pretty girl...I don't know), and while I may whine frequently about what to do with my degree, at least I have the opportunity to get one. And no one has tried to stone me for being a whore. I mean, I'm not a whore, but if I was, I still wouldn't be stoned.

I never thought I'd come down on the side of the communists, but damn, the 1970s was a good time to be a woman in Afghanistan.

Am feeling very in contrrol. All of the laundry is finished, things are dusted and vacuumed, and my hair is curling nicely. *feels pleased with self*

Wow. I am a control freak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being in control is just such a wonderful feeling:):):):)....so glad you are having a good hair day, but too bad you are having a bad passport day!!!!