Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Adventures in Pancake-Making

Oh yes. I now make albums of my lunch preparations. How cool am I???

The reason I was forced to griddle something for lunch (Yes, it's a verb, and no, I don't love it as much as Imladris.) was that the stove (Yes, the one that costs more than my education.) has gone the way of the washing machine, van, and now other car (Yes, our new car died. Yesterday. While I was in it. On my way to work. On the expressway. Morena was NOT amused.), and is refusing to turn on or do anything remotely stove-like.

Freaking appliances. I'm going to line them up and shoot them all.


Just a little TMI warning, y'all.

I'd personally like to thank the creators of Secret Clinical Strength deodorant. I do not have a perspiration issue in the least. But hey, if it's one less thing to worry about, I figured I'd try it. Yesterday was the first full day I used it, and this is what happened.

-I woke up after having a nightmare that I was being attacked by someone who shall remain nameless but was very much named in my dream (and my head---although I'm not sure I can use that language on a family blog)

- spent some time at an oncologist's office, always a good time

- ran errands in the 90 degree heat

- had my car die on the expressway in rush hour

- have to call work and tell them that I was sitting on the edge of the expressway trying not to be hit so I'd be a little late

- switch cars with my dad so that I wouldn't be fired

- worked for four hours in a teensy cafe with three other people and NO AIR CONDITIONING

And I still smelled baby fresh at ten-thirty when I got home.


It is now right up there with McDonald's iced coffee in my book.


Harry Potter tonight.


And I'm actually really excited. All the crazies are out.

And then next Friday already is the book, which I only know because I no longer have place to put my apron in my mailbox, because it's full of random Harry memos. That I know are not going to help, because I just know something is going to go wrong and somebody won't a get a book or something and threaten to sue.


Yes, you heard me right. This is now causeing me NIGHTMARES. Gah, I should not be in customer service. I don't like customers, and I don't like servicing them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG....I am not sure what part of that blog is the worst....but I am soooooooo glad you were still fresh after that day......can any of the aforementioned broken items be repaired????? rather than replaced??????

Anonymous said...

the adult world seems to be full of breaking items....it gets just a tad fustrating, doesn't it - I'd say the one ON the expressway is at the top of your list right now....but you are still bably fresh!!!!