Wednesday, July 11, 2007

We've been going for hours! I need a break!!!

Harry said that to Snape in the movie last night. I'd like you all to take a moment to consider what kind of comments a loopy Colleen would come up with at three in the morning. And you've just pictured our car ride home.
Yeah.
The Boy is scarred for life.

As usual, one of the best parts of a midnight movie is the anticipation, and waiting in line with all the crazy people who dress up. (BTW, there's a Gryffindor robe hanging in the break room at work. And it bothers me immensely.) We tried playing bullshit with Mary's very interesting NASCAR cards, but finally all the white-trashiness got too much for me to handle and it was throwing me off my game.

Apparently I'm no good at bullshit. Tell that to my boss, who thought I had a family obligation that night. Which may, in fact, come back to bite me in the ass, because I ran into her and another manager and several store employees, who were not happy that I had far better seats than they did. I didn't really feel like pointing out that while they were closing the store (typically my job on Tuesdays), I was hanging out at the theater. :D

One of the women also opened with me this morning, and we were both just kind of staring at the wall we were so tired.

So the movie was really good---definitely way darker than the first couple, and rather confusing, I thought. I'd just read the book like a week ago, so I could follow (and annoyingly point out "oh, that's wrong!" in my head), but my sister said that she was having trouble following it. I kind of felt that the ending scene with the death and the whole prophecy thing was rushed, though. I wasn't that attached to Sirius, so it's not like I needed time to grieve or anything, but they didn't really explain the whole scar thing.

But they *finally* gave Snape something to do! Rather than just stand in the back of the scene. A couple of funny lines, too. "Obviously." "I may vomit." "No idea." Teehee. Alan's funny.

Also, the occlumency scenes??? In the dungeon? At night? *fans self*

Other than Snape, the insanely overqualified adult actors did well. Luscious Lucius lived up to his name, Jason Isaacs is Teh Sexor, and Imelda Staunton was just great. I wanted to beat her over the head twenty minutes in. I actually like New Dumbledore, even if the die-hard fans don't.

My favorite character that I haven't been stalking for three years was Neville, though. Who shot up over the past eighteen months and now looks like he could take out any one of the three main actors, and yet is still playing a hapless dolt. I don't care. I love him and I want my sister to marry him. I think they'd be cute together.

I know by now I'm kind of just listing characters, but the ENTIRE Weasley clan I just adore. I love the parents, Ron is so adorable, Ginny's grown up and isn't really annoying anymore like in Chamber of Secrets, and those two older boys? So funny! "I've always thought that our futures lay outside the realm of academic pursuit." Heh.

And somehow Bellatrix escaped Azkaban and found an abandoned dominatrix outfit. That struck me as funny. A Neville and his plants picture for my sister. Who was laughing deliriously about that when she wasn't cracking "bum hip" jokes about Alan. I told you, it was an interesting ride home.

Found out that I am working next Friday when the book comes out. Not that I really had any doubt, because EVERYONE is working, but I did end up in books, which is good. I'm kind of excited, so long as everything goes all right. The part I'm not so excited about? I have to be back at nine o'clock the next morning to work a nine-hour shift in the cafe. Ugh. She must have been really pissed about those seats.

Okay. I've been up for thirty-six of the last thirty-eight hours, so I'm gonna go crash.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you all enjoyed the movie, huh??? The wait must have been fun and I am sure at 2:30 am with Colleen the ride home was one good time!!!! I wish I understood more of your references but I do not really know the books or the movies --- but I do know that Alan is in them!!!! Enjoy the sale of books to crazies - it should be really interesting!!! Glad you are not in the cafe!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah I can imagine the converstaion in the car!!!! I'm with Rockford because I don't know the movie, but I always enjoy reading your blog....glad you had a good time:):):)

CMT said...

I love Neville.