Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Insert Something Witty Here

I'm too tired to think of a title. My day yesterday-

1:06 a.m.- Answer phone that rings. It's the Empress. I don't know why.
1:08 a.m.- Yay Sleeps tiem!!!
1:10 a.m.- Shit. Can't fall asleep.
4:00 a.m.- Chuck Norris really should do more than advertise exercise equipment.
7:00 a.m.- Awake to squire the Empress to work.
8:05 a.m.- Big-ass McDonald's coffee awaits. Sweet.
9:00-1:50- Clean house/do laundry/stalk various celebrities online
1:50 p.m.- Arrive at the Empress' place of indentured servitude, early, as per her imperial request.
2:15 p.m.- Hmmm. Wonder where she is.
3:00 p.m.- *hums Jeopardy theme*
3:45 p.m.- Am told to return home by Mother Dearest, because it appears that the Empress will just be living at work from now on.
4:00 p.m.- Arrive at home.
4:02 p.m.- Another phone call from the Empress. Apparently someone has finally arrived to relieve her. I get back in the car and go back to Cedarburg.
8:30 p.m.- Culvers. Custardcinos are amazing.
9:15 p.m.- Arrive home and realize with some sense of self-loathing that I have listened to the soundtrack from Hairspray like eighteen times in the car today.

I was in no mood.


Having major eye issues, y'all.

Other than the color (No, the blue is not a contact lens! STOP ASKING ME THAT!!! It's the one part of my drivers license I *didn't* lie on. If I ever go missing, they'll be looking for a blond chick who's five five and weighs 120 lbs. I'll be so dead.), I really hate my eyes. My vision sucks majorly, like I can't even read without a prescription. Which is why I was forced to wear unattractive glasses from the second grade until I turned fourteen and realized that there was no way in hell this was going to continue.

Le anyhoodles, they are also very dry, sensitive eyes. Eyes that probably should not be subjected to contact lenses for upwards of sixteen hours a day.

Unfortunately, alone with my dry, sensitive eyes, God also saw fit to bestow me with an inflated ego, major sense of vanity, and the complete and utter inability to see past like, this week to any major implications (i.e., blindness) that anything I may be doing will cause. So I wear contact lenses all day long.

About a year and a half ago, my eyes got so red an scratchy that I had to wear glasses for two weeks and go through this whole long thing that involved steroid eye drops and two different eye doctors and blah blah blah. You don't need to know that. Suffice to say, I found a prescription and a lens solution that worked, and life was all peachy.

Until Memorial Day weekend, when they discovered that my brilliant solution was causing minor issues like infection and blindness. Now, I may be in denial, but I'm not stupid, and I switched to another sensitive, dry eye formula that I assumed would work as well.

Turns out, the gods of Complete own my soul, and they were not pleased with my defection, because I can barely blink now my eyes are so aggravated. Ugh. And now I have to go back to using the "Um, no, we totally retooled the formula and I promise (but am not legally bound) that you won't go blind" Complete (yes, that's what I'm calling it now), if I want to continue wearing contacts.

*sigh*

But hey, the brilliant optometrist at Stein Optical said it's okay, so it must be, right? I mean, they don't give those "degrees" out to anybody.

Now, I know you really don't care about the books I read, because Mickey refuses to read, well, anything that Walt Disney didn't deign to sign, Imladris is so distracted that she had trouble getting through a page of a kids book, and Rockford's poor drug-addled mind doesn't seem very focused on reading, but I promise I'll just talk about this one.

While sitting in front of the Diner Where Colleen Works Whose Name Has Been Changed To Protect Her Privacy, I finished Bitter is the New Black, by Jen Lancaster (her blog- hilarious- can be found here), and Oh My Lord it's like my life if I entered the business world and got laid off (am I the only one with a filthy mind who thinks that's a funny term???).

Well, you know, except I'm apathetic about most things concerning work, and I was never that thin, but other than that.

She even talks about playing the Sims!!! I play the Sims!!!

It was so funny. Everyone should buy.

You may have noticed that all the iconage today is Snape. Or maybe you didn't, because most iconage most days is Snape, because I'm a teensy bit weird, but whatever.

I'm a little bit excited for the release of the last book. After further review of the craziness fan stuff out there, I kind of totally ship Lily/Severus, if only because it would explain the whole hating-Harry thing much much better than "OMG, your dad was mean to me once and it screwed me up for life." which just seems trite and stupid to me. Maybe if the rest of the later books were trite and stupid like most children's literature, but they're not. There are incredibly mature themes of good and evil in the later ones, and again, the teasing thing? It just doesn't do it for me.

It would also explain why Dumbledore was so convinced that he would never actually hurt Harry. If the woman you loved died protecting her baby, and then you got the chance fifteen years later to protect that baby, wouldn't you? I think so. I mean, you might be really bitter that it's not *your* baby (and hell, if Lily ever saw An Awfully Big Adventure, she might be kind of bitter, too) thus giving the illusion of hate, but you wouldn't kill it.

Anyway, that concludes my rambling for day. Almost. It's exciting *because* of the excitement. YES I agree completely.

Okay. That one just makes me laugh.

As you may have heard from the screams of woe coming from my house, Mandy Patankin is leaving Criminal Minds. In a huff like a big dumb girl, apparently. That's not important. What's important is that IT'S GOING TO SUCK NOW!!! Gah. I loved that show. Also, it's not a completely sad story if only for the numerous pop culture references that it's given us.

Where would we be without the Princess Bride and Mandy lyrics??? Where indeed?

I'm sorry, I can't help it.

This post has been far too long, and it is over now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my that was an interesting day......hope today is better!!! lol at your opinion on how your faithful readers "read" other things.....:):):) I feel your pain.....my "vanity" had to take a back seat to the pain in my eyes and I have been "contact-less" for years now.....I hope you work that out.....

CMT said...

OMG I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THE WAITING THING I FEEL SO BAD.

And wait, do you mean you wish Lily and Severus were in love, or do you wish Severus was in unrequited love with Lily? Because I like Lily/James, but it would be TEH AWSUM if Severus was in love with her too, because that's mad Greek, yo.

mi_morena said...

I think that Severus loved her, and I don't really know if Lily loved him back. In the book Order of the Phoenix, she stuck up for him, but that could just be her not being a bitch.

I don't think she necessarily needed to like him back for the whole complicated relationship with Harry to be, though, do you?

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't understand the harry potter stuff - I guess you had to see more than the first movie to be really into it - but I do understand the waiting outside the coffee shop thing because I was on phone duty for that little problem...I loved the blog though and where do you find so many icons???