Saturday, July 21, 2007

All You Need Is Love

Oookay, so I guess when I suggested that my last entry (a mere fifteen hours ago) would be the only one all weekend, I forgot that I have so much to say and so few real people to listen to it!!!

Obviously, DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT DEATHLY HALLOWS SPOILED FOR YOU!!! Okay?

Did you hear me?

No longer my fault.

*ahem*

My inner fangirl is in a sleep-deprived tizzy. Even if she was kind of disappointed by the fact that the most gut-wrenching non-Snape death in the book was Fred (of Fred and George), and she was all geared up for a pile of bodies ala the Bard, but whatever.

Because the whole Snape/Lily thing (that I was totally going for)??? Amazing. I was reading, and it was like six hundred pages of fighting and angstiness and battle crap, and like two Snape lines (boo!!! poor form!!!), and then it's like God went, "Okay. You had a tough day at work. And it is four-thirty in the morning. I'll perk this up a little for you." And then spewed fangirly pleasure all across the page.

And thank God, it makes way, WAY more sense than the being teased thing. That was totally just not flying.

Harry lives. Yay.

He marries Ginny, and they have adorable children (named after Snape. Awww...). Ron and Hermione made it out alive, too. Yay.

Neville's a professor. Awww. I love Neville.

And Draco's losing his hair. Ah. All is right with the world.

I did get a teensy bit emotional. But I'm pretty sure that's because it was five-thirty in the morning.

So work was...um...interesting. I started at six, and while there weren't that many people there, the phones were ringing off the hook. Mostly to ask "What time do I have to be there?" (I don't care, leave me alone.) I was actually more considerate to the customers with inane Harry Potter questions than the ones who called and wanted to know where A Million Little Pieces was or something, because I had to strangle the urge to scream, "You dare interrupt someone working at a bookstore on HARRY POTTER NIGHT??? HAVE YOU NO SHAME!?!?!?", and that probably wouldn't have been good.

After things got going, I was giving away glowsticks (Erin and I were being fast and loose with the glowsticks---we weren't even asking questions), and then did sampling of hot coffee to the twenty-five thousand people shoved into a teensy space upstairs in order to drum up sales for a cafe that was so busy I had to go help twice. Frankly, I think that was a waste of my time.

Once we actually started selling them, my register broke twice and I almost had a stroke, but other than that it was good.

Finally got wrapped up around one fifteen, and then for some reason were kept around until closer to two, at which point Sarah redid her corset (locked and loaded) and her boob popped out. Yeah. That was fun.

And I totally looked at the ending as soon as I got it.

All in all, an eventful and rather fun evening. Although I think I should have been getting time and a half after midnight, but that's just me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you sat up all night and read a 700 and some page book and then went to work - I guess you had time for this post in between though!!!! Last night sounded like a really good time except for the register breaking on you - a store full of foks in costumes waiting for midnight to arrive - just too funny - I would loved to have seen it!!!! Glad the book ended as it did - sounds like all of the HP fans will not be saddened...great post for no sleep!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you posted again, because I thought I would need to wait to hear how the Harry night at the bookstore went....sounds like tons of fun!!!!! Special events in retail are always tons of fun even if you don't get any sleep!!!!! I just love "i don't care leave me alone"....tooooooo funny!!!!! You didn't see any of my spawns there making fun of people did you??????....I have heard this has been done in the past:):):):)