Wednesday, September 26, 2007

(I knew I forgot something.)

Today's icons all brought to you by Autumn, who has finally deigned to arrive here in Wisconsin, chasing the evil 86 degrees yesterday somewhere East where it cannot touch me.

Ha.

I have exactly two things on my mind today, and thus you will subjected to two completely separate but equal sections (can you guess where I'm going with the one of them?).

Section #1- The Myth of Higher Education. Or, How Ancient Egyptian Civilization and Physiological Psychology will be the Death of Me.

I. Am going. To fail.

Hard.

Tomorrow morning, I have an exam on six classes worth of stuff I can't pronounce or understand- and it's all essay. Grrr.

Do you know the cultural significance of Deir al-Medina? Karnak? Amarna?

Yeah. I don't either.

Then on Monday is apparently the worst test I'll ever take EVER OMG, at least according to the pick a prof reviews and the TA, who himself is scared shitless by the professor. *waves goodbye to 4.0*

You know the problem with getting a 4.0? You feel all happy and fulfilled over the summer, but then fall comes and anything less than an A looks like failure.

I suck.

I did totally kick my oceanography midterm's ASS today, though, y'all.

And, dude, the TA for that class is ridiculously hot. Why don't we have a discussion???

Section #2- Whose Brilliant Idea Was it to Have Premiere Week During Midterms??? Or, Why Ancient Egyptian Civ and Physiological Psychology Will be the Death of Me.

Because when you have all of your old favorites and as well as some genuinely good new shows (Chuck! Cane! Back to You!), figuring out what's so damn important about Lahun and Kahun (I know one's a pyramid and one's a village, but damned if I know which is which!!!) looks like so little fun.

Already wrote about HIMYM on my other blog (Welcome back, baby!!! Mommy missed you!!!). Monday night also included The Big Bang Theory (Um, not sure yet. It could get better I guess.), Two and a Half Men (so funny), and part of CSI: Miami (H has a son? God, that must have been an awkward, over dramatic conception.)

Chuck was my favorite though. I've been hoping it would live up to the advertising that NBC has been running since, ooh, 1998, and I think it did. Genuinely funny and lovable characters, good writing, and interesting plot. I'm definitely watching again. Although that's not saying much. Because I watch everything. *waves Studio 60 fan flag in the air*

Last night was Bones (Everyone's hair changed. And I'm not sure I'm amused. But Zack came back from Iraq!!! Sorry, that was a lot of unintentional rhyming.), House (I kind of miss the team, although not as much as I thought I would. Mostly I just don't want new people coming on to MY SHOW. *ahem*), Boston Legal (OMG YAY I MISSED YOU GUYS SO MUCH WHAT LIKE ONLY HALF OF YOU WERE THERE WHY IS SHIRLEY SLEEPING WITH THE NEW GUY EWW GROSS. *ahem* Also, why would you want Alan Shore to be the father of your baby? He'd be like the worst father ever. EVER.), and Cane (Pretty good. I was born far too late for Dynasty or Dallas or some other D show with lots of whores and money, so this could work for me.)

Tonight: We are (over) packed with Back to You, Criminal Minds (NO MANDY DON'T GO!!!), Private Practice, and CSI:NY (Yes. Yes. YES.)

So obviously the Lahun/Kahun difference will have to go down as one of life's unanswered mysteries. :-)

At least I can wear my sweatshirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry, I did not see this post until today and now your Egypt test is already behind you and you do not have to worry about studying for it anymore (yeah!!!!!) You do, however, have to work tonight which will make watching tonight's shows just that much more difficult to view (the office, etc!!!!!!)!!! Be glad you are not like your Dad and have to fit DWTS into EVERY night this week - imagine your viewing and studying dilemmas then!!!!!! Hope that the Egyptians were good to you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought I already commented on this....but....??????? Yes CSI-NY was great....didn't see Cane, but it is on again tonight and I will watch it.......:):):) I am NOT to young for those "D" shows....watched every episode of Dallas and Dynsty....even childbirth didn't stop me:):):)