Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Major Issue of the Day

Not Iraq. Or health care. Or even No Child Left Behind.

No, today my issue lies with Lands End and their insipid long underwear ads. In their Winter catalogue (ours got here today, I know you're all waiting for yours), there's this cutesy little ad for long underwear of the fuzzy thermal variety, featuring a ridiculously wholesome couple sitting in the laundry room drinking coffee in said fuzzy, thermal long underwear.

I'm sorry, but perhaps you wouldn't have to shell out 30 bucks for a glorified t-shirt if you didn't sit around IN YOUR UNDERWEAR drinking coffee in the laundry room (que???).

If it is so damn cold, put on a freaking sweatshirt.

Ookay, Criminal Minds is doing a serial killer in Milwaukee. Comforting, given the influx of OMG STRANGER DANGER 'NOTHER ROBBERY ON CAMPUS THIS TIME HE HAD A KNIFE!!! e-mails I get hourly.

Meanwhile,

Dad:"There are no buildings like that in Milwaukee."

Me: "Really? Nowhere? In the entire city?"

Dad: "No."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I wish I had been paying attention during criminal minds instead of reading 1L....I know I kept hearing the word "Milwaukee" but I missed the architect's view of the show:)....BTW, I think you should send your comments to Lands End - they should realize how silly such a situation is -- long underwear aside, if your laundry room is that nice, just imagine what the rest of the house looks like and would you not, therefore, enjoy said coffee is some OTHER lovely room in said home????? Or, maybe they like their washer and dryer as much as you like ours and they want to share their morning coffee with their beloved machines.....

mi_morena said...

That is true. I would drink coffee in the laundry room is we could fit a chair.

Anonymous said...

Criminal Minds was great.....from a Realtors point of view they got many aspects correct....I bet Mayfair didn't appreciate the show!!!!