Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Um, yeah, it's *Halloween*.

Oh God it's been a long day.

My mom's mouth is no longer swollen but she is definitely high on Benadryl.

The Boy has strep throat.

Imladris wants to use his toothbrush to infect herself.

I would like a pitcher of wine. And some more Purel.

So I'm taking time out from spraying Lysol in the Boy's general direction (No time to get sick! Physiological psych test on Monday! Oh my God!) to update. Because it is Halloween and all is right with the world. (Well, except for the swelling strep throatedness.)

There was much internal freakage out this morning, which thankfully resolved itself before I had to do anything (how I like all my problems to be solved), and I took a test and got a 92, which is actually pretty good for not being at all prepared mentally or intellectually.

Then I decided that I was too mentally and emotionally drained to face art history and oceanography.

My internal coping system? "LalalalalaIcan'thearyougoinghomenowbye!!! *insert head in sand*"
Seriously. Wine. Now.
Once I got home and everyone was all passed out good, it was actually a pretty nice day.

It was supposed to be super busy- I was in class until two, pick up the Germ (the artist formerly known as The Boy) and The Apathetic One at 2:30, take Germ to the doctor at three forty, and somehow study for two tests, finish a paper, and do the laundry.

Also? I had Cane to watch from last night. That shit does not watch itself.

Le anyhoodles, Apathetic One decides at 7:05 this morning that she would drive herself and Germ to school. And the whole swelling thing? Meant I didn't have to squire Germ to the doctor. So I had a whole day and no obligations.

(Well, except when I drove Imladris up the road before she realized she didn't want to take pictures and was okay with failing instead. Who said homeschoolers were overachievers?)

And I totally did my paper and studied and cleaned. Not in any way did I waste time on Lolcats, watching funny Alan on YouTube (I don't understand a word he's saying but I'll be damned if I didn't watch it about 10 times!), extolling the good fortune that there was a Sweeney Todd insert in the UWM Post this week on a friend's Facebook wall, or editing my paper while watching Samantha Who? on ABC.com.

*ahem*

That would have been irresponsible.

Do you know what tomorrow is?

Yes. It's Thursday, and yes, it's All Saints Day, and I'm sure it's somebody's birthday, but that's not what I'm talking about.

It's November 1st, the beginning of NaBloPoMo. (If you need some explanation, it's National Blog Posting Month, when you do at least a blog post a day for a month.)

And no, I don't know why there's a "posting" in there, except to make the abbreviation way less dirty.

I'm too commitment phobic to actually join the thing, but I'm going to try to do it.

So be prepared. I may be forced to go all emo on your asses and post song lyrics in an effort to combat my sagging creativity.

Just so you know.

I'm going to go eat, but everybody watch Criminal Minds tonight!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your nicknames are just way tooooooooooo funny....i love it!!!!! congrats on your good grade.....criminal minds was very good tonight and i like the new guy....do you remember him from when he played a judge? i don't remember the name of that show...i bet you remember it....

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you are going to be updating every day!!! this will be such a fun month!!!! Now, to your nicknames...."the germ"???? As the germ's mother I am not sure that I appreciate such a name!!!! The poor thing is sick...And, has "the apathetic one" read this yet???? I'm not sure that is going to fly too well either!!!!!! Thanks for the update and happy halloween:)!!!!!