Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Post #500

That's right, blog kitties, you've listened to 500 of my pointless diatribes on important subjects such as my hair and Johnny Depp while going through two and a half years, through several concerts (Or not.), a couple of Pirates movies, the freaking plague, the lovely bubble period (Hi! You've reached the mental ward, where may I direct your call?), and too many changes in major to link to (Honestly. I don't even attach dates to major crises of faith anymore.). Oh, and that one time I went all Constitutional on The View's ass.

Yes. It has been an interesting ride.

All three of you who read it.

I feel as thought I should have something more important to say than my normal "*no creativity woe is me is dead* updates, but I'm afraid not. Ooh, two things.


1.) Alterra coffee is far, far better than Maxwell House. I make coffee every morning in my crappy fifteen-dollar coffee maker and it usually tastes like it. I assumed it was my woefully wanting coffee-making skills. But it's not. Because when you use the coffee from Alterra (stolen from Imladris whose friend gets some as perk- I worked for a coffee place for year and I never got anything is all I'm saying) it tastes amazing. And it makes my morning so much better. It is all I will drink now.


2.) I wrote a letter today. A real, pen-and-paper-no-computer-in-sight letter. Okay, there was a computer on the desk. But I wasn't using it, I swear! And it was really cool. I felt all Jane Austen-y, except not because I was wearing jeans and hurrying to go pick up my brother in a car and there's not a Mr. Darcy (hell, I'd take Bingley right about now) in sight, but still.


So if my friend's devastating foray into the military accomplishes nothing else, I've gotten to write some letters without Microsoft Word.



Oooh- I know what I wanted to talk about!!! The Nine!!! Please follow that link and buy it because it is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!!


Admittedly, I'm kind of a constitutional law whore. I write "vs" as "v" in everyday life. I have a tendency to write the year in parentheses after a sentence (as in "Griswold v. Connecticut (1965) invented the legal precedent of privacy that would be used eight years later in Roe when the justices decided that the right to abortion fell under a penumbra of privacy.") I can quote major cases- Marbury v. Madison (Judicial review! Yay!) Dred Scott (Slavery! Boo!!!), Griswold v. Connecticut (Birth control. Umm...).

I am a dork.

But still, this is an amazingly good book. So good. Everyone should read. Now.

There aren't enough staff picks in the world.

Other people's lives today because I'm sick of my own...

Says the world, "Who the hell is Rumor Willis?" Thank you folks, I'll be here all week.

I don't know how I feel about this. Last week I wasn't so crazy about him. I'll have to see how I feel tonight.

*The Boy May Want To Skip This Item. Mmmkay, Peaches???*

Okay, I'm trying to come up with a good Madonna reference for this story, but I can't think of one. Oh, Brit. Why you gotta be like that? I'd like to say I'm morally outraged, and I guess I am in principle, but can we put this in perspective?

This is the girl who was parading around when she was a teenager in a Catholic school uniform (and not the frumpy ones we had to wear in the real world, either) wailing about "hit me baby one more time," which was at best promoting sexual themes and at worst violence against women (personally I think that's a stretch, but I've heard it several times). A couple of risque photos when she's already made out with chicks and shown us everything God gave her? I'm not really surprised.

And the pictures weren't that bad. The confessional one bothered me more, because to me that's more sacred than any priest or even the priesthood will ever be, but in the other one she's just being a whore. And we've all seen that before. Also? I'm pretty sure there aren't any priests that look like that. At least not that I've ever met.

4 comments:

CMT said...

You really love that portrait of Lady Jane Grey, don't you?

mi_morena said...

I do!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that it has been two and one half years!!!SO much entertainment!!!!! Thanks for all of the fun on this blog - it always makes my day!!!!! And this one was reallly great - you always hit such interesting topics!!!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats on all the blogs....I really love reading your blog...keep it up!!!!