Saturday, October 13, 2007

Why I Need to Go To Grad School So I Don't Have to Deal With These People All Day Long For The Rest Of My Life (Capitalized For Emphasis. So There.)

Morena, Barista Extraordinaire: May I have a name for the order?

Crazy Guy: No.

Morena, Barista Extraordinaire: Umm. Okay.

Crazy Guy: I'm worried about Big Brother.

Morena, Barista Extraordinaire: *laughs nervously*

Crazy Guy: No, really.

Morena, Barista Extraordinaire: *is scared* Oh. That'll be $3.48.

Crazy Guy: *hands over credit card containing all his personal identity*

Morena, Barist Extraordinaire: *almost chokes on the irony*

Crazy Guy: You're mad at me aren't you? For not giving you my name?

Morena, Barista Perhaps-Not-So-Extraordinaire: No. I'm really not. I have other things to worry about. The name thing was not my idea, believe me. Here's your latte.

Crazy Guy: Oh. Okay.

Morena, Barista Perhaps-Not-So-Extraordinaire: *mentally purchases LSAT review book*

If you ever needed a reason to consider law school or make staring down a dissertation seem like a good time, try working part time against your will in a cafe.

Because, trust me, when all you really want to do is throw the hot chai that "oh I thought was iced!!!" at someone's face? Prostitution looks good. ANYTHING.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO glad that you updated!!! Every day that I check and there is not an update I am just a little bit sad:(....sorry to put such pressure on you and your talent!! I love the crazy guy story - the credit card being handed over is just a riot - with the name, he should do what you and some others I know do at panera....thanks for the update and I know that you could do grad school or law school if you do decide that is for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

you can do anything you want to do...i know it.....lol at the prostitution comment....i wish i could have seen your face during the big brother conversation.....:):):)