Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Halfway

So you know how I normally check out after exams and kind of get all zen about how there's nothing I can do about grades anymore and all? Hah. No. Exams aren't even over yet and I'm checking PAWS every other minute.

But my exams are over, and do you know what that means??? I'm finished with my sophomore year. I'm technically a junior. I'm HALFWAY FINISHED WITH MY UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE. A real live not-mandatory degree. For someone who was homeschooled through eighth grade and then managed to make high school way harder than normal but not actually recieve a piece of paper saying, "Yay! Snaps for you!"? This is huge. I'm thrilled.

I'm not even stressed about the fact that two years from now I'll be, like, a real adult and have to leave college. (I've discovered the secret to not stressing about this! Never ever leave! Just keep going! Shh!!!) I'm feeling very in control and have decided to take both the GRE and the LSAT next year and apply to both graduate schools for the history M.A. and law school in case I decide that masochism is a good career path.

Even though both my mom and my best friend, upon hearing this decision, said that I'm going to have a breakdown upon my acceptance and this is not a healthy track for my psyche, but I don't care, dammit, I want to say I was accepted to law school.

So the next time I work I'm buying GRE and LSAT prep books, and devote this summer to working on them. Because I am not half-assing this. If I am compelled to make blues musician flashcards? You bet your ass I'm buying the Kaplan LSAT course.

2 comments:

CMT said...

LSATs just remind me of Legally Blond.

Anonymous said...

go for what you want in life:):):) Congrats on all you have accomplished...as I have said before....you rock!!!