Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Perhaps? When I was watching the Memorial Day concert last night I should have been thinking more than, "Joe Mantegna! Can you tell me who's car that was!?!?!?! I need to know!"

I did laugh a little because it was exactly like Wednesday night on CBS, but, you know, with fewer dead hookers.

Then I got really sad when they did the yearly Charles Durning montage, discussing all the crap he went through in WWII, like D-Day, The Battle of the Bulge, and then dealing with concentration camps. I felt really guilty about leaving to refresh my drink and get more taco salad during his acceptance speech at the SAG awards. I've never had to clean up after Hitler.

But then I saw this and it cheered me up.

cat
more cat pictures

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Memorial Day Concert is the same every year but I do so enjoy watching it....it just seems like one little thing we should do to remember why we all have a day off the last Monday of every May - it is not just to officially kick off the summer season.....

Anonymous said...

lol...Criminal Minds does get to you......:):):)