Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'll look like a huge, puffy, marshmallow virgin.

I don't like summer. I hate being hot, I hate the humidity that does ungodly awful and unnatural things to my hair, and I really, really hate beign forced to give up my flattering sweaters and peacoat for short sleeves.

But I actually went shopping today, and managed to spend a hundred dollars and find several items that didn't make me want to retch at the sight of myself, so that was a success, I suppose. And my mom was able to come with me, which was lovely and fun. When I shop alone I get depressed and end up convinced that nothing looks good so I waste an hour, get really sad, and then come home with nothing. It is not a pleasant experience.

Several of the items that were left in the store were white dresses. This further enforced the idea I already had that I will never, ever look good in a white wedding dress. This is rather depressing as I am one of approximately three women in the United States who are fully capable of wearing white on their wedding days, and dammit, I want to be able to wear white!

I suppose it's a good thing I have found someone to design my dress. He's got his work cut out for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shopping with you was so very, very much fun!!! I consider it quite a gift from God that I felt good today when we had to go out and one store just led to anouther!!!! And what beautiful tops you found!!!! You will be beautiful even when it (sigh...) hits 90 degrees! Ok, the one white dress was not the most flattering - but that does not rule out wedding gowns --- you will be beautiful on your wedding day!!! The most beautiful bride ever!!!!!:)