Friday, May 30, 2008

Legally Blonde Did Not Prepare Me For The Real World

The LSATs?

Fuggin' hard, y'all.

It's LSAT week here in my self-imposed Summer of Crazed Studying For Tests I Won't Take For a Year, and DAMN.

In Legally Blond, Elle idly read the prep book on the the stairmaster, and then flounced off to take them, received her insanely high scores and got engaged on the same night.

I read several sample questions and got dizzy. Also started to cry a little when "Put self out of misery with board-approved #2 pencil" was not one of the multiple choice answers. I was told that my background in logic and the fact that I'm an "algebra" person (As opposed to those wacky, spatially-oriented geometry types. I prefer to trip over my shoes, but apparently I score higher on standardized tests.) would make things easier. Ha. I disagree.

This test (remember, this TEST I'M ONLY TAKING FOR FUN AND HOW THE FREAKING HELL AM I THE ONLY ONE IN THIS FAMILY NOT ELIGIBLE FOR PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGS?!?!?!) is also administered under third-world conditions, where you're holed up in a room for five hours with three pencils (not mechanical) and a solitary tampon.

No. I'm serious. You can bring pencils and a feminine hygiene product. I'm guessing some girl put herself through law school, realized she was $200,000 in debt and probably didn't even want to be a lawyer in the first place, and decided to feign toxic shock syndrome and sue the administrators of the test.

Hey. That actually sounds like a plan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what....Legally Blonde is not a true representation of the real world???? Who knew????? :):):)

CMT said...

Yeah it does

Anonymous said...

And what would you say if I repeated that I enjoyed studying for and taking the LSAT test??? And I am NOT an algebra person!!! I just loved that whole law study thing - it was just the practice thereof that turned my stomach - why are you taking this again??? Oh, I remember, so you can have so much fun deciding what to do when you ace the exam and have to think about actually going to whatever school you apply to (because you will be accepted...) and trama and drama in life are such fun:) Or was it Boston Legal again???:)