Sunday, January 18, 2009

I would like Tom Hanks to narrate my life.

We're watching more of "From the Earth to the Moon", and my inner geeky fangirl is, well, being an inner geeky fangirl.

I am all about the space program. It's nature and nurture, y'all. Being born in '87 and all, I didn't get to experience Apollo 11, and I have always been insanely jealous of my mom for having seen it. I used to mope around, whining about how I never lived through anything historical that didn't have to do with oral sex.

(Then 9/11 happened. And I stopped whining.)

I have seen Apoll0 13 more times than I can count, though, starting when I was too young to even really understand it. Why, exactly, was Kevin Bacon in the shower with that woman? Surely that is an inefficient use of time in the morning? I freaking love everything about that move. The music, the tension, the fact that I still freak out even though I know things are going to turn out okay, Gary Sinise...all things to love.

But perhaps the most important thing I love about Apollo 13 and From the Earth to the Moon is Tom Hanks. I love Tom Hanks. Not in a love *natch* kind of way, but I absolutely adore him and cannot wait until I marry his son because he and Rita will be the best in-laws ever.

So even when everybody was freaking the hell out about the DaVinci Code I was all, "But...but, it's Tom Hanks! How can you be mad at Forrest Gump!?!?!"

I clearly cannot.

Dude. Rita just showed up playing somebody's wife. I swear, she would not work at all if it weren't for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry I am not a big Tom fan, but Gary Sinise is another story.....