Monday, July 24, 2006

Day 11: Freedom is so close I can taste it.

I know that you all missed my mordant wit over the weekend, but fear not, I am back.

Much, much better today, y'all. My face has morphed back into an almost-perfect version of itself, which is regrettably not-so-perfect, so I can rejoin civilization soon. Whoo! 'cuz it's not like I've been clawing at the walls or anything.

And I can clean again! Mommie Dearest walked into the kitchen just now and was like, "Whoa. Lupe's back!" Lupe was really, REALLY not appreciating not being able to clean. And I can go back to work, which means my next paycheck will be $36.25 before taxes. Oh, living large.

I think I shall go see Pirates tomorrow just to make sure that I have another viewing in case I get felled by rubella or something equally implausible, like chicken pox.


Okay, so Imladris has been reading lately. This is not good. Now, I'm generally in favor of reading (oops, the peasants can read...HAHAHAHAHA), but she's been reading 100 People Screwing Up America or something, and now she's on a conservative kick and getting down on all my shows for being liberal and pretentions and platforms for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.

Now, I'm as conservative as the next girl, but I liked Commander in Chief. And yes, the producers probably had lofty goals of furthering Mrs. Clinton's political career, but that wasn't what the show was about. And nobody with half a brain will allow a show to influence their voting.

And I really like How I Met Your Mother, which is not pretentious. And yes, I know that James Spader is SO NOT hot, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy Boston Legal. And I like McDreamy on Grey's Anatomy.

And I don't care what anybody says- I don't like guns and I really think that Ann Coulter went a teensy bit crazy with this last book.

So that was the political rant for the day, and Imladris is no longer allowed to read. Humph.


Watched Miss Universe last night with loverly Mr. Bartles and Mr. Jaymes. We love them. Imladris got a teeny bit sick after half of one and I was forced to finish it for her. The things we'll do for our family. That is some crazy multi-lingual shit going down right there.

Ukraine's hair= Shakira on crack.

USA's national costume= what the hell? Did a patriotic horse-loving dominatrix throw up on you?

"Tough questions"= HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yes, Miss USA, Lake Tahoe is pretty.

And I loved how they had a translator standing by during Miss Switzerland's answers, because it was a little dicey whether or not she was speaking English sometimes.

This post is over. I'm going to go bounce off the walls some more, okay?

2 comments:

rockford said...

Oh, we are all so happy that you are feeling better and almost ready to rejoin the world -- and NOT just because (YES!!!!) Lupe is back and on top of her game!!!!!!!
No, realllllly we are happy that all is turning out well and that your beautiful little self will not, in fact, be at all scarred and you will be able to return to work (ok, I LOVED having you home but not sick....) The pagent was great viewing, wasn't it???? What is with the getting sick though - could it be because she last are in 2003???? Thanks for all you do and I loved the update - they always make my day!!!!! Have fun at the movie tomorrow!!!!!!

CMT said...

Well EXCUSE me for having an opinion. And about the Commander in Chief show thing - yes, none of us would ever let Geena Davis influence our political deicions. But have you ever met someone from the coastal states? "Oooh, she must be right, you know. After all, she's a celebrity, and she's really pretty." They're very lucky to have *even* half a brain. They're getting by on, like, a quarter. So don't tell me just because you weren't fooled no one else was.

Glad you're feeling better ;)