Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Honey, I'm too tired to slap you. Bash your face up against my hand, okay?


Yes, I totally stole that one from Colleen. But it has Alan, Sense and Sensibility, and it makes me laugh. It is now mine. I am not above stealing Alan/Austen icons. I'm not too proud.


Again, I have not abandoned the blogging world, it's just been crazy busy around here, y'all. Or, at least, I have. Monday was nice and easy and normal (that is to say, I cleaned and watched Regis and Kelly) until we realized at four o'clock that the Boy was supposed to be at a birthday party at three-thirty. Infinate rushing and buying of gifts ensued, and then I had to go to work.

(Side Note: It was ninety degrees when I got home at ten thirty. I was NOT pleased.)

Then Tuesday we spent in pretty much constant celebration of our nation's independence, starting with a quick stop at Best Buy to purchase the Pirates 2 soundtrack, a loverly parade with bunch of dancing annoyingly thin girls, a subsequent party that was not marred too much by not drinking where we could make sure that we would NEVER become one of those dancing annoyingly thin girls ourselves, and then a quick stop at Blockbuster to rent The Libertine. And twenty minutes later I had to leave for work.

Where I made a whole sixty two cents in tips. It was dead. I was so bored. (Discovered that I DO NOT like ginger peach tea, though.) The manager came down and was like, "Okay. We're leaving at eight oh two." I got so sick of it, and my feet were hurting SOOOOO much, that I cleaned everything early so for the last half hour we only had one thing of coffee and a couple of bagels out. Because I was not going to spend twenty minutes cleaning up after non-existant people. That was just not happening.

(Side Shoe Note: I was masking-taped into my shoes by the end of the night. There was blood coming from places no blood should ever come from. I hate them. But I love them. Now I understand how abused women feel.)

Today has been completely wonderful and low impact. Got up and watched Regis and Kelly, took Mommie Dearest to the doctor, did some laundry, badgered the Boy to clean up his crap that was completely coating the living room floor, cleaned the bathroom, decided that any heart condition I might get in thirty years could not compare to the agony I was in and took some Aleve, ate lunch, and just got back from a library/Blockbuster run with Imladris. I'm just conjecturing now, but I'm thinking the day will continue much in the same vein, some dusting perhaps and then lots of Without a Trace viewing. Oh the joys of being practically unemployed.

Speaking of practically unemployed, I have eight hours next week. Now, I'm not hugely complaining, because I do love to have my evenings free, but eight hours??? That's sixty dollars before taxes (which should be about twelve cents, as I'm fairly certain that the state of Wisconsin can do without my paltry earnings). This is SOOOO not going to pay for ANYTHING. I need a second job. :( Especially since I've decided that world traveling is my calling. Yes, it can be a vocation. *sniffs*

On to happier topics, only thirty three and a half hours left. No, I'm not excited or anything. Got the soundtrack, and, well, I guess I have to see the movie first. I mean, I totally love it and have the entire thing ripped from the CD and put onto my iPod already, but it's different from the first one somehow. I couldn't put my finger on why until I was reading somebody else's journal and they were saying how it's less of an action movie score and more orchestrated. Which is true. The blatant "Yes! We're Bruckheimre! Let's blow some shit up!"-ness of the last one made it so much fun, and this was kind of lacking that, at least until I have some scenes to put the music with. Which will happen in thirty-three and a half hours.

Also rented The Libertine yesterday, because I decided that I couldn't spend seventeen dollars on a movie like that without first seeing it. So I now have to preview my own movies. That's kind of weird, actually. Even the girl at Blockbuster was like, "Um. Yeah. Horrible movie. Saw it in theaters. Horrible." I wonder what Blockbuster would do if they knew she was doing that...

OMG, can somebody PLEASE do something scandelous so that I have something fun to read???? Honestly. Apparently Kathy Griffin's husband is stealing from her, so she was supposed to be on Larry King last night but North Korea launched missiles at us instead, thus pre-empting her interview. You should have heard what Imladris had to say about that. I think she was definately more upset about the cancelled interview than the threat of nuclear annihaltion. Which doesn't say much for her political awareness, but it does say something about the lack of juiciness in Hollywood these days.

And WHERE THE HELL IS SURI!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

1 comment:

rockford said...

Even if the icon was stolen, it was a good one - so "you"----- thanks for all the help with the birthday party - that one was so not my fault!!!!but I really really appreciate your help!!! I'm glad you like your job but am somewhat sorry for you that the hours appear to be so slim - although I love having you home I know that I am being selfish - but it is so hard to overcome!!!! I am so happy for you that the movie is now so close at hand - just think how long you have waited for this and now it is less than 24 hours away!!! Hope the soundtrack makes more sense then...please be careful with the shoes!!!!!!!!!