Monday, July 10, 2006

Now is NOT the time to start getting a clue.

God, that was an awful movie. And yet I'm considering renting it. I think I need therapy.

So how are we doing, kiddos? Basking in all the Pirates glory? (Please, if another person says "Pirates plunders at the box office" I will have to stab myself in the thigh with my pen.) I know I am. But I'm also a little bit obsessed. Just a little bit. Teensy bit. Hey, I'm owning it. But it beat EVERYTHING!!!!! It completely kicked Spidey's ass, and Darth Vader can just go suck it because it made five million more on it's FIRST DAY!!! Oh, the world is bright this morning.



Copyright Note: This is NOT my icon. This is Imladris's icon. But she already used it, and I can't find any (Imladris is something of a prodigy when it comes to finding icons), and I'm stealing it. Please spare me and the Holy Slingbacks, Empress of Squishy.

So, perhaps not surprisingly but noteworthy just the same, I saw Pirates again on Saturday with ma famille, probably less because they wanted to see it than I was desperate to again and was willing to drag anyone who had an inkling of interest to my nearest theater. They did not find it appropriate to break finger bones and screech like we did at the midnight showing, which was perhaps more suited to being in public but way less fun. ;)

Oh, it's still good the second time. I didn't notice a whole lot more the second time, except that I'm creeped out not only by the Elizabeth/Jack thing, but also by the fact that it appears our Friend From the Last Ten Seconds is shacking up with Tia Dalma, which is nausea-inducing at best.

And I cannot get over this. Please, join the rest of the nation and go now, if only for this one scene. It's worth it.

I'm going to try to make it a couple days before going again. It's going to be hard. But I'm going to try.

And Italy won the World Cup yesterday, which normally wouldn't interest me, like, at all, except that we watched the beginning on Telemundo. I know what you're thinking, "Really? She watched soccer?" Well, and I dont' speak Spanish. But you do not need a translator when Shakira is up there shaking her ass like the world's gonna end, and a bunch of weird people with spinny discs are dancing in the background. And then the game started and I quicky lost interest.

But I do know why we completely kick everybody else's ass around the world, no matter how much they gripe about it. It's because we do not waste like nine months (it seems like) out of the year on a freaking soccer game, and we waste even less time on spinny disc dancers.

Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall is my new musical obsession (although there are very few brain cells left for any other kind of obsession). Normally she bugs the hell out of me with her Scottish-accented-female-empowerment-go-menstruate-in-a-tent-kind-of-thing, but this song is really good. I haven't figured out how to link to a song yet, but I know it's on AOL music and probably other stuff if you're feeling creative. With the Dead Man's Chest soundtrack (which does get way better when you have scenes to match it too...like this one), it's pretty much all I've been listening to. Which is sad, I know.

Well, I think I shall go be productive and clean the kitchen. Please try not to be too jealous. Have a good Monday, y'all.



2 comments:

CMT said...

Elizabeth Swann: James Norrington, what has the world done to you?

Hot Pirate Norrington: Made me sexy.

I saw that on an icon. *smiles*

Gah, obsessed with the swordfighting much?

mi_morena said...

I like the swordfight. There's nothing wrong with that.

Where did you find that icon?